Autoglass windscreen replacement - part numbers

KierAn20

If, like me, you are tied by insurance into using Autoglass for windscreen replacement, these are the Autoglass part numbers you need to make sure they bring (3 - 4 week pre-order).

DC5 screen - 3995AGN

Fitting seal - 3995ASMC

Left hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCL

Right hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCR

Two years in a row i've had them bring out a DC2 screen, followed by a DC5 screen a few days later - but without the side trims ](*,)

The side trims are NOT reusable and my local branch tried their best to tell me that they dont replace them, especially as they are already loose. I pointed out that it was their fitter who broke them and reused them last year!

So after a couple of heated phone conversations (and a 3.5wk wait for the trims) They've finally got it right =D>

Hope this helps somebody. Mine is a 2002 prefacelift, not sure whether the facelift has the same parts but I wouldve thought so.

Grov

Banned
Nice one, this should made sticky, as you won't be the first and last person to suffer.

KierAn20

Yepp these are proper Autoglass part numbers and will show up instantly on their system. Quoting Honda part numbers to them is a pointless exercise it seems.

Just remember if you're replacing for MOT, book your replacement at least a month before the test. They can get the screens within 48hrs (Genuine Honda aswell) but the side trims are the problem.

They went the whole hog with me and even brought out a replacement trim for the top edge of the screen, but this was not needed - you have to really blow your stack with them over the phone if you want that part aswell though :xlol:

Part number anyway: 3977ASCVS1B - top trim

mark type r

Advanced Member
Ive just had to book my car in with AutoWindscreens as my front window is cracked. Ive confirmed that they are bringing a DC5 screen but im worried about the plastic strips. How do they come off?

The woman on the phone even asked if the screen had a green or blue tint! :shock:

Jack01

The side trims are held on by retaining clips. With care, the clips are reusable, and the side trims are every time. If they are damaged, it is down to the fitting.

gregb

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
Ive just had to book my car in with AutoWindscreens as my front window is cracked. Ive confirmed that they are bringing a DC5 screen but im worried about the plastic strips. How do they come off?

The woman on the phone even asked if the screen had a green or blue tint! :shock:
Likely at least one side will be damaged,just get them to replace it if it happens and make sure the plastic trim is not just glued back down out of sight, =;,there are plenty of chancers out there.