Autolock

yosin

Advanced Member
Is this a standard feature on on the car or programmed with the Toad alarm i have?

I like to start up the car and let it warm up before i drive off and would like to leave it running whilst i just pop off to get something in the house for example.

I dont want to be locked out of the car so i always leave the window open just incase or press lock and unlock on the car door ( not sure if it does anything though). Can be a pain sometimes especially when in a rush and with the thought " i might get locked out".

Does the autolock only happen just the one time on every each start up only, then once you unlock it it wont autolock again?

truupR

Advanced Member
not sure if its a standard feature, would imagine it would be something added when the car is fitted with a UK alarm? Mine does it - autolocks normally a few seconds after I start up the car and my alarm system isn't TOAD either...

Mark_teg

Staff member
Not standard.
It's a anti hijack feature via your alarm system as said above.
Ask whoever fitted it to turn it off.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It can usually be set to autolock a few seconds after ignition is switched on, or after reaching a certain speed, say 5mph or something. Atleast that's how the Clifford can be set.

AlanS

Advanced Member
On the Toad Ai606 the anti hijack feature locks the car when the ignition is turned on but only if all doors are closed. And then unlock when the ignition is turned off.

You could leave the drivers door open then start the car, as auto lock only happens once everytime the ignition is turned on, it will not relock again.

This feature can be switch off permanately, I think you'd need the pin code?

Mine is turned off for this reason, when I jump in the car ready to go I just flick the lock button.