Automatic aircon? Turning it off?

cwwoodley

Hello everyone,

was wondering if there is anyway of stopping the aircon coming on automaticly when I choose to blow air on the windscreen or windsreen foot combo,

If I wanted the aircon on then I would turn it onyself,

again I would read the car booklet but my Japanese isn't any good!

Any help on this would be bonza

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Mine remembers the last use.

i.e. If I switch off the aircon it stays off even if I move it from feet to windscreen etc and if I switch it on it uses it the next time I select the windscreen

jay82

Advanced Member
whats wrong with just pressing the button when you see the green light :xconfused:

Paul Type R

cwwoodley said:
Hello everyone,

was wondering if there is anyway of stopping the aircon coming on automaticly when I choose to blow air on the windscreen or windsreen foot combo,

Actually i'd like to know this as well. I think i read on here years ago that there is a way. Come on, don't you think its annoying when the car just assumes you want AC just cos you've selected windscreen. :evil:

Type_R6

Advanced Member
Paul Type R said:
cwwoodley said:
Hello everyone,

Actually i'd like to know this as well. I think i read on here years ago that there is a way. Come on, don't you think its annoying when the car just assumes you want AC just cos you've selected windscreen. :evil:
It does it because its the quickest way to clear the screen. You will be moaning if it didnt do it when your in a hurry to clear the screen next.
All of the cars ive seen do the same when you press the windscreen button