Auxiliary belt length

Mark_teg

Staff member
Vtec is a way of life said:
Do the belt defer between facelift and pre.. I have a pre with ac so will this belt fit ?
They're the same for FL and Pre. And all Type-Rs had AC (climate) as standard.

garyw

Mark_teg said:
They're the same for FL and Pre. And all Type-Rs had AC (climate) as standard.
I have a facelift and the pre face is quite a bit smaller than the facelift believe it or not,

Mark_teg

Staff member
garyw said:
I have a facelift and the pre face is quite a bit smaller than the facelift believe it or not,
I'll chose not to believe it sorry Gary, there's absolutely no difference to the engine and the belt part number is the same.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Facelift and prefacelift aux belt are exactly the same so that's incorrect. The only time a belt will be shorter is when the aircon pump has been removed.

I'm having this issue at the moment, mine has a 7pk1715 and it's too long causing the tensioner to drum, after some research I've found it should be a 1710 but can't find one in the uk. I've heard people fitting 1705 or 1715 as an alternative but the 15 isn't working for me. Can you guys confirm the 1705 is ok? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
In case anyone looks at this for a reference in the future..

Bottom mount rotrex with power steering is 7pk1775

Fitted the 1705 and annoying noise from the tensioner has gone. Very happy chappy now. Thanks for the input guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b18coupe

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi - what pulley set up is that for as im running ep3 crank pulley and a 110mm SC pulley