Ay up from Yorkshire

TEG R V

Ay up I have recently purchased a DC5 and just wanted to say thanks for all the contributors to this site, I trawled the site to do my homework before purchasing and it has been a massive help. I had a big list of questions to fire at the dealer to ensure I was happy before I parted with my hard earned cash (every single question was a bit pointless as the car is just mint, but better safe than sorry).

I Also saved an absolute fortune using the insurance thread, I'm 33 with 7 years no claims (should have been 16 yrs but the soddin insurance companies dont honour no claims after 1 year elapsed and I went travelling :xrealangry: ), anyways I ended up getting fuly comp with PCD for less than £500 from A-Plan so well happy.

I've had the car a couple of weeks so far, was not particularly impressed the day after I bought it with the weather though as I was snowed in for the first week. Done a good bit of driving now and absolutely loving it, she is an absolute dream.

I am loving the handling,I have seen in the threads that some people are a bit unsure about the aggressive LSD, and tbh when I test drove the car I did notice it myself but after a couple of drives I am actually happy in the knowledge the car is gonna be on the right line and the overwhelming feeling that the car is just so well planted is a real treat. In the wet I've not got an issue but being an excited newbie I did manage to get a bit of wheel spin action in third! My TEG has a lowered, uprated Spoon suspension and the ride is very firm, which is generally ok so long as I avoid pot holes, the road leading to where I work is littered with tree roots around a roundabout and this is the only place it p*sses me off as its so bad that the car just bounces over them, bloody crappy roads!

I am really pleased with the whole package As you can probably guess, and the missus hasn't had a problem with the ride or the road noise which to be honest is quite loud). The machine just looks awesome, I haven't seen another DC5 in Yorkshire (look forward to that though) but I am still getting used to people staring when I drive by and also people simply walking around the motor when she's parked up at home.

I did a fill up last week and considering the weather has been crap and I have done a mixture of traffic and m/ways I got 29.7 mpg, I hadn't tried to drive her economically, quite the opposite so bloody happy with that, however I did see a thread today where some dude got 44 mpg, i dont think I'm ever gonna achieve that tho!

Anyways, sorry to harp on, I look forward to hearing/seeing some of you out and about....

cheers

Carl

btw - I am driving down to Bournemouth for the sunseeker rallye, will maybe see some of you down there

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Very tidy looking 5 m8 8)

Glad to see you got a model from before Honda decided to de-style it or facelift as they call it. :lol:

Lee

Oh no, not another one in Yorkshire! :roll:

Just kidding :D

Welcome, nice buy, black with black interior 8)

DanSwift1988

Advanced Member
That car looks bloody gorgeous, not sure if I should get a black one now :D Get some fresh pics up in the gallery section and thanks for the feedback about the car.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Welcome, looks like a brand spankers motor you have there!

I am around Yorks too, Lancaster mostly so may see you about.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I'm another Yorkshire boy!!

all the way on the east coast though!!!!

Nice car btw!

Still looking for a GruppeM for £500 or less.....????

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Yorkshire meet this Sunday April 5th if anyone fancys coming along, theres about 20 of us confirmed so far, a couple of guys on here are regulars on the meets and are coming along.

The meet up point and finish will be at a location in Central Yorkshire.

The day will involve a 3 stage structured drive of approx 120 miles over some of the best B roads roads in Yorkshire with a lunch stop for some good pub grub along with plenty of banter through the day.

The route has been pre mapped and you'll be given a set of detailed pace notes with mileage, directions and any hazards to be aware of.

Please note , this is NOT a race, cruise or retail park meet with people stood around kicking tyres, this is a well organised meet and drive by an established car club run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

http://www.i-vtec.co.uk/forum/ivtec/thread/51/2779/

PM me if you want any more info.