B & M Quick Shifter fitted

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Had a B & M Quick shifter fitted on Tuesday and boy is it nice ...

Makes gear changing that much more sharper, So far no miss gearing or selecting wrong gears ..

2nd to 3rd is so smooth that you almost think .. nah that cannot be in... 4th to 5th was a little tricky at first as you dont go as far over to the right as before, but now its no problem ... and going down the gears seems even easier... I use to always have a little bit of trouble heel and toeing from 3rd to 2nd, but now its looooovely ...

You can shorten the throw by either 35% or 25% .. I have gone for 35% :)

Installation is fairly striaght forward, although I didnt install it, Tom from TGMSport did .. took just under 1 hour, but like all these things, as long as you have the tools and the time you could install it yourself without any hassles.

If interested

Call 01252 811972 ask for Tom
Price £180 for the Shifter (discount will be given if you mention my name) :wink:
Fitting £30

He has ordered 5 more as I think these will move fast.

Sorry no pics as I didnt take my camera with me when he did the fitting..

UW

Miracle

Nice mate. I tried some of these out at the motor show last year but was unsure whether it's worth buying as our throws are quite short anyway, might have to rethink now. :)

steveD

Having tried Jon's much improved shift in the paddock at Brands yesterday, I have spoken to Tom and ordered one. Conveniently he is hoping to fit it at Snetterton this Saturday inbetween racing his DC5 (no pressure then!).

Incidentally, ain't these Teggies great on track, booked to go in the experienced group and thought I'd mistakingly gone out with the beginners! Even my completely standard car was going past GT3RS, monster Evo's, Civic race car(!) etc. OK so it was pretty wet and suited front drive. The ride in Jon's car in the afternoon was something else again! Thanks Jon, you've completely ruined my bank balance for the near future!

Steve

Trung

Advanced Member
steveD said:
Incidentally, ain't these Teggies great on track, booked to go in the experienced group and thought I'd mistakingly gone out with the beginners! Even my completely standard car was going past GT3RS, monster Evo's, Civic race car(!) etc. OK so it was pretty wet and suited front drive.
no disrespect Steve but all these cars are more likely be on a warm up, cool down lap or maybe the drivers are just learning the lines etc.. :!:
Glad you've started going on trackdays, hope to meet you soon.

steveD

I suppose you could be right, they might be taking it steady and the fact that I've actually raced at Brands and don't mind the rain ment I had an advantage as a driver but I was still surprised at the ability of the Teg 'straight out of the box', against even 4WD machinery. The traction out of soaking wet corners is terrific.

Steve