B&M Shortshifter fitting

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Hi guys, just a quickie (did try searching but no joy!!).

When gitting the B&M shortshifter do you use the 4 metal B&M bushes that are meant to go on the feet of the shifter box or just leave the original ones in?

Reason I ask is the B&M ones are a different shape/size. :?

Anyone fitted this themselves??

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Anyone??? :(

I've fitted mine without swapping the bushes and it feels great, just wanted to confirm that this was the "done thing".

Suped

Advanced Member
I just used the OEM ones. I did put tons of white grease on the left-side housing where the plastic bearing is and the gear leave ball joint. Other than that, TGM put a bar through the housing to stop the gear leaver travelling too much forward on 1st, 3rd, and 5th so the shift cable don't bend causing the gears to grind in the gearbox. Also, TGM sanded down the housing on the front where the gear linkage is attached to the cable to help with clearance issues if the cables were to bend.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i used the spacers to raise the stick, a bit closer to the steering wheel

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Suped said:
I just used the OEM ones. I did put tons of white grease on the left-side housing where the plastic bearing is and the gear leave ball joint. Other than that, TGM put a bar through the housing to stop the gear leaver travelling too much forward on 1st, 3rd, and 5th so the shift cable don't bend causing the gears to grind in the gearbox. Also, TGM sanded down the housing on the front where the gear linkage is attached to the cable to help with clearance issues if the cables were to bend.
I used plenty of grease too, but as for the rest of it, I can't see how the cable could bend as I tested it through the gears before re-fitted the trim and it runs true. I'll give Tom a quick bell tomorrow, you've worried me now!!lol!

C&S Evo7 said:
i used the spacers to raise the stick, a bit closer to the steering wheel
hmmm, not a bad idea, I might try that and see how it feels!!

Suped

Advanced Member
Excited shifters (like myself) might get abit too gear changing happy throwing the gear lever about.