baby on the way ( can i keep the teg???

flex1984

Advanced Member
ok so i just found out my gf is pregnant, im a happy chappy but not sure what to do with the teg.

At the moment my teg has tein type flex coilovers, im thinking these will be way to hard and crashy for a baby lol, so shall i try and get oem set up with ebich/spoon springs and fast road set up

or

sell the teg and get something with for doors, maybe accord type r ???

nefor

Advanced Member
Stick with the teg! Soften the suspension up and it'll be fine. Loads of room in there for baby stuff!

oregato

Advanced Member
Would it be feasible to get a second car? and keep the teg for weekend use?

Euro R would be the way to go if you had to sell up IMO.

EDIT: btw, congrats to you and yours :)

rodney

Advanced Member
I had my DC2 when the little man (Hector) was born 7 months ago, to begin with it was a little fierce for him so we used the other car.

Once he got to 2-3 months it was fine although the vibrations going through him was tre worrying!

I sold up a few months ago as the '2' is a bit hardcore, I've got a DC5 en route and think its a comprimise of a little more comfort but keep VTAK Yo!

So the answer IMO is keep it, although give it some time first..

Edit: Congrats BTW, your shizz will never be the same again, when the poos start smelling like real poos [-X but it's all good.

Rob

flex1984

Advanced Member
second car would be to much cash for me.

oo i fort there was no sva test for a euro r in england, i think there nice cars to be honest-how much do thay go for then?

id love to keep the teg, its best car iv owned, i think i just need to soften it up a little

Is there a big diffence in the handling/ride quility going from coilovers to oem+ spoon springs??

horsepower

congrats to you both on the baby \:D/
keep the teg...........I have 2 kids and they both love it when I pick them up from school/take their friends home in mine, I have a freelander too and believe me the teg has far more boot space :xyes:

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Aye mate well done there....deffo keep the Teg..its actually very practical...Spoon progs give a very good ride and will do a good job for you....check this out with Mikegsi on here and he will give you a heads up...good luck with the new Sprog!!

mikegsi

Staff member
bairns and dc5's go very well together, the boot is a good size and and will easily fit a pram/pushchair with plenty of space left for other baby essentials! i had mine from just before andrew was born till he was a yr old before selling up for my first evo

coilovers will deffo be too much for a newborn, look into oem shocks with progressive springs of some nature, spoon and eibach are top imo, spoon ones are like rocking horse doodoo to get hold of second hand but tom at tgm should be able to get you a new set, eibachs should be readily available too

congrats as well mate :D

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
defo keep the teg my little fella is 2 now and the only issue is he's gettin to big for the back of the car, might have to get a smaller seat for him.
He loves Daddy's MoMO 8)
i've the spoon progs and there fine for absorbing the bumps

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Congrats on the baby!

Good thread for me this as i know my missus wants kids pretty soon and i don't wan't to have to sell the Teg, i know it has loads of space but its just the ride which is a bit worrying. I jave Ohlin's coilovers so i'll probably have to do what you guys said and go for the oem dampners an some springs - hopefully i have a bit of time to go yet though :)

flex1984

Advanced Member
thanks for all the nice congrats lads

i think i will like to keep it and fit some std oem set up and lower springs, seems like the best all round option :)

apart from the ride of the car at the mo i can see it being a perfect car to have a new born in with out to much trouble

flex1984

Advanced Member
yer there cool looking, i seen a mini red recaro just like the ones in the front of the teg before :twisted:

jakeyboy

flex1984 said:
ok so i just found out my gf is pregnant, im a happy chappy but not sure what to do with the teg.

At the moment my teg has tein type flex coilovers, im thinking these will be way to hard and crashy for a baby lol, so shall i try and get oem set up with ebich/spoon springs and fast road set up

or

sell the teg and get something with for doors, maybe accord type r ???
nah keep the teg, you'd regret it if you sold it. im onto an 05 accord ctdi, plenty room and mpg but no smile factor :(

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
do DC5s have that isofix gadgetry? if so i haven't seen it, maybe its hidden under some removable padding or something?

mikegsi

Staff member
2 panels in the boot, near the lights, I used a recaro seat in mine which wasn't isofix doth no problems though