Back on the road again !

Wootty

Advanced Member
Well spent most of Friday afternoon dodging the rain and re-fitting my alternator. The new brackets from Moss motors in the states arrived in the morning (after 3 weeks!!) so I gave up my usual Friday afternoon ride round cwmcarn to get the tegg back together.

Could not finish the job as the battery was dead after 3 weeks of sitting there and the rain was bouncing of my back as I was trying to re-fitt the wheels back on. :cry:

So Saturday it all went back and she was on the road again - only for the charging light to come on & the battery die and leave me stranded in Tescos about 600yds from home. A quick jumpstart from a mate and a lot of heel toe to limp home and the the rest of saturday taking it all off again. The small connector at the rear of the alternator looked a little grubby so a quick clean up and another hour to re-fit and now she runs great.... I guess the connector got dislodged while I was struggling to get the alternator out past the JRSC.

So I'm back to the joys of re-discovering what a truly great car these teggs are (when they are working!!). Steering feels so precise and the power imense - well I was driving an old Mondeo for the last 3 weeks :lol:

Still not decided wether I;m going to keep it or sell the red teg as I'm looking at a pickup truck for all my biking/camping gear and a smaller car just for strip down and trackdays. Guess after a few weeks driving her the tegg will be chaning my mind again :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
nice one mate! always nice to get them back on the road after resolving problems!

get a removable tow bar and a trailer box thing for your camping gear :wink:

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Good to hear you are back on the road mate. Bit of a bummer with the 3 week wait, but at least you had some wheels to get about in!!
It makes you smile when it hits VTEC, and even more when the SC whine builds between 6-8.5K!! :xvtec:

timp

Advanced Member
great news for yah, batterys are a joke, i have an optimiser on mine now so it is always charged.

so taking it to the pod, would love to see what the charger can help you do down the quarter mile. :)

Wootty

Advanced Member
Update..... :cry:

Just went out to go to Tescos and the battery went wurr wurr click....

So charging lights behave properly so I'm gonna get a new battery from my local Halfrauds in the morning..

What spec fits the teg?

dotty

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
Update..... :cry:

Just went out to go to Tescos and the battery went wurr wurr click....

So charging lights behave properly so I'm gonna get a new battery from my local Halfrauds in the morning..

What spec fits the teg?
Hi mate as I know it the Nissan Micra battery fits our cars :D

EDIT : This is the one you need. Halfords : HB 054

Suped

Advanced Member
You might aswell get a Stinger SP35 cos its smaller, looks pretty and fits the teg perfectly with the added bonus of a good crank output. :lol:

dotty

Advanced Member
Suped said:
You might aswell get a Stinger SP35 cos its smaller, looks pretty and fits the teg perfectly with the added bonus of a good crank output. :lol:
And probably about three times the price :lol: