Bad day

boots123

Hi fellow Teg lovers I am new here just thought I would post about my bad day with my Teg.
It was the annual Mot and service day with Honda £400 later and I get a report telling me I have got a engine mount twisted £221, cat heat held corroded split and exhaust centre to rear tail corroded near to breaking.£450. Ouch! Oh and need one new rim (because of the missus).£400. Never mind chin up least I can buy the exhaust I always wanted HKS silent. (Discontinued) ahhhh. Dc5 why do I love you so much? Hehe!

brucey87

Advanced Member
Welcome, hope you have better luck than that throughout your ownership. Honda always rape people with their high prices but at least its all done now. keep an eye on the for sale section or post a wanted thread for the rim. you could get a good condition set of 4 for £400. lol

boots123

I haven't had the stuff done yet the shield is a back order item. I want to get a after market exhaust for it that's why I was on here tonight to see what people recommend that's how I found out about the HKS. Oh and the wheels were only year old and Advan Rs's.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Ah ok, sorry thought wheels were oem quoted from honda. If i had some advans id be jumping if my misses ruined one of them. Always wanted a set of advan rg2's but cant justify spending nearly 2k on wheels! As for exhaust theres plenty of info on here on them and how they sound. Was you after a fairly loud one or not too loud?

boots123

I was in the car at the time and she couldn't understand my reaction (Its just some wheels) ahhhh! Looked at getting them returned but wouldn't colour match gold and to have all four it would have to be scoob gold. Well same as a lot of people on here quiet when cruising and loud when giving it some.

boots123

Do you know who sells them don't think I have seen them on the sites I have been on. Thanks for the help by the way if I knew what this site was like I would have been on years ago.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Sorry not too sure mate. Try eightspeed, funkypower, vtecdirect, sumopower or maybe start a wanted thread. Somebody one here will know best place for one.

boots123

Found one site in UK vtecdirect for the kakimoto. Know anything about the J's racing 60Rs's stainless steel? Thanks.

brucey87

Advanced Member
No not sure sorry. But being j's im guessing it would be loud. Mugen twinloop maybe worth a look into aswell if you wanted quiet when cruising but louder when in vtec. Fair few people using them on here. Just look out for the jasma spec exhausts as they are not overly loud. Im using the spoon n1 system with a decat manifold so thats loud all the time. Lol

boots123

I know some one who has got one on a CTR they most certainly are. He went on track day scraped through by .1 of a dB, before vtec. They only quote 93.3 on sumo power 72.3 idle sounds to low to me!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Lol I run the buddy club pro spec with an AEM V2 induction kit.

I personally like it for norm driving but on WOT it sound awesome.

Gordon

boots123

Thanks any one else want to recommend one. Hehe my head hurts. So many to chose from! I was looking at the AM filter for a future mod. Is it as good as the blurb says?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I like the V2 personally. I stripped mines down and repainted it as the original coating was tatty as hell.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Mugen Twinloop is a winner if you can pick one up 2nd hand. Quiet but sounds beautiful in Vtec, even with a stainless header and decat it's not too loud. Paired with the Mugen Airbox and CAI it sounds crisp and smooth and gives good gains when tuned.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
What engine mount is it mate? front side engine mount?

Mine just went and i've found an aftemarket vibra mount one for 120 quid

boots123

As far as I know they still make them but check the price out for a new one and you'll see why I suggested 2nd hand :)
See what you mean! Found one 2nd hand for good price will see if its still available and condition. Just watched some clips and sounds perfect to me depending on price that is.