Bad times

skengdR

Advanced Member
cracked windscreen ? how did it happen ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
cracked windscreen ? how did it happen ?

Yeah. No idea mate got in it after work and it was there. No chip, just starts under the scuttle panel

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

koolance

same thing happened to mine... mine had been sitting in the garage for a few months..came out one morning and it was cracked below the scuttle panel..

took Autoglass 6 visits to get my glass/trims and has only just been sorted!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
koolance said:
same thing happened to mine... mine had been sitting in the garage for a few months..came out one morning and it was cracked below the scuttle panel..

took Autoglass 6 visits to get my glass/trims and has only just been sorted!
Hope I don't have that drama, it does 100 miles a day. If I didn't have to use autoglass I'd get a heated one.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Well I've booked autoglass for next Friday so fingers crossed. Hopefully they don't mess it up, I'm driving to Manchester in the evening.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
This is really strange but I've recently had this exact problem too. Cracked from the base of the windscreen. Luckily auto glass sorted it straight away but had to order new trims as the originals snapped.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Im guessing you guys have windscreen covered by insurance ?

Britz

Advanced Member
Just happened to mine too cracked from drivers side and then a few days later from passengers side. Gotta say it‘s way better with a new one and they only turned up with the wrong windscreen once so wasn‘t all bad lol apparently the first one was for a left hand drive dc5 wouldn‘t of thought there was many lhd ones in the uk?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
This is really strange but I've recently had this exact problem too. Cracked from the base of the windscreen. Luckily auto glass sorted it straight away but had to order new trims as the originals snapped.
Didn't they cover it? I'd have thought they should. They guy on the phone today said "they will return your car to the standard you would expect it" when i asked him. Did you just order them from Honda and fit them after?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
Im guessing you guys have windscreen covered by insurance ?

Britz said:
Just happened to mine too cracked from drivers side and then a few days later from passengers side. Gotta say it‘s way better with a new one and they only turned up with the wrong windscreen once so wasn‘t all bad lol apparently the first one was for a left hand drive dc5 wouldn‘t of thought there was many lhd ones in the uk?
Yeah £95 on insurance.

I phoned them because I wasn't convinced when the online for said "We can help with you Honda". Generic honda felt a bit vague. When I phoned they said the car was unknown, then he narrwed it down to an accord. After a while he entered it manually. I'm not totally convinced, but I'll see when they arrive. Really badly wanted them to say it owuld takes ages and cost a fortune so I could convince my insurance to by me a heated one for £350

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I gave them my VIN No. so they could look up the exact model. I wasn't convinced but they proved me wrong and turned up with the correct screen first time around.

The trims were replaced by autoglass after I asked if the clips had broken. The fitter was sound and said he would make sure they get me some ordered. I was actually really happy with the service. Another chap turned up later that week with the trims and said they cost 60quid each from Honda.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
I gave them my VIN No. so they could look up the exact model. I wasn't convinced but they proved me wrong and turned up with the correct screen first time around.

The trims were replaced by autoglass after I asked if the clips had broken. The fitter was sound and said he would make sure they get me some ordered. I was actually really happy with the service. Another chap turned up later that week with the trims and said they cost 60quid each from Honda.
Yeah I thought I read they were 75 a side. Defiantly going to watch him do it. Kind of hoping he lets me have 10 mins to clean up behind there and get a little seam sealer in to stop any future leaking.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Whoop. Second time lucky! The fitter was sound and helped me sort out the seam sealer as well to prevent any future leaks, which was showing signs of starting to crack.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
How long did the screen take to come and any serial numbers or anything for it as may need one before advertising my car mate

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
How long did the screen take to come and any serial numbers or anything for it as may need one before advertising my car mate
The number on the screen is weirdly the same for left and right hand drive. If you used autoglass you could use my reg as a reference, but they said it was 800£ for gen Honda one. There is a company near me that said they could do a patterned one for 250 so might be worth a look at local companies. Autoglass only use authentic parts because of their warranty.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The number on the screen is weirdly the same for left and right hand drive. If you used autoglass you could use my reg as a reference, but they said it was 800£ for gen Honda one. There is a company near me that said they could do a patterned one for 250 so might be worth a look at local companies. Autoglass only use authentic parts because of their warranty.

My Insurance have said they use National Windscreens and they will get someone out to see if it can be repaired and if it's legal. If not then they will replace it and luckily they said it's not classed as a claim and I would not have to declare it etc as it's not like a normal claim which is good as never had to do this before. :)

Can you provide any details needed for the screen and side bits just in case

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
No matter how many times part numbers etc seem to be given, they still turn up with the wrong part.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
No matter how many times part numbers etc seem to be given, they still turn up with the wrong part.
Oh fair enough, so if it can‘t be repaired do I need to say they will also need to order new windscreen trims ?