Badges/stickers

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Looking at replacing the rear Type R badge as it's a bit tired, what's the best way to take this off without damaging the paint?

Also has anyone replaced the Type R stickers on the sides? What are they like to replace as I hear you get templates with them?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Use a hairdryer to loosen the glue, then something like a credit card to push/peel it off, same for the side decals. The side decals will be very hard to get off if they're the originals, can take over half an hour each side. New ones are simple enough to fit, they come with a template as you say. Make sure to clean the area before the replacements go on.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Our side decals were replaced Thursday.

Plenty of glue & tar remover and like Chris said, once you've got a corner of the actual sticker, use a card or something similar and gently prize it off. Was surprised how thick the sticker and glue was in truth.

Took around 10-15 minutes per side.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Hm I might just leave them then, they're originals so probably best off leaving them. Cheers guys.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hardest part was making sure the new ones were 100% in the correct location and even that wasn't too taskful.

Not a great improvement for some, but the more keener enthusiast will be able to tell the difference.

For £70 you really do need to be a keen cleaner/enthusiast in truth.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
As said, heat up with either hair dryer or heat gun on a sensible setting.

I then used floss string to get in behind the badge and just sliced it off. I then used WD-40 degreaser as it really broke down the remaining glue well and then I gently scraped the residue of.

Don't forget to clay bar and lightly polish the area to get ride of any scratches you make.

p1tse

Advanced Member
As above an old credit card helps get behind the badge

Mine weren't in that bad condition, but I prefer the clean look as the old badges collect direct around the area.

As mentioned the old sticky residue will take some time to clean up. If you don't replace them, make sure to clay and polish up as over the years will leave a mark no doubt or shading difference