baffled sump and re070s

mike.williams

Advanced Member
hey

im unsure which section to post this in so ive put it here, feel free to move it.

will i need to run a baffled sump with bridgestone re070? they look like more of a road tyre compared to advan ad08s

if i will need a baffled sump ill just probably go for advans similar price

so...

whats your opinion on sumps then? is a full baffled sump better or just the baffled insert?

im asking as its service time for the car so it would make sense to sort the sump out

thanks

mike

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
If cornering hard alot of the time or track days or a supercharger is going to happen then fit one.
A baffled sump insert is the easy way if your doing but TGM had some sumps welded up which may still be available.

Stoo

Whining.....
Personally, I ran a baffled sump with AD08s

I'm not sure RE070s would need them per se, but I'd be inclined to run one anyway to be sure.

As for the variants, I'd get a TGM (spoon copy) for about £100 exchange.

The drop in ones are good, but id rather not have flaps and hinges moving about in the sump.
Just my opinion.
If the sumos coming off to fit a drop in, you might as well just fit a proper one.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Personally, I ran a baffled sump with AD08s

I'm not sure RE070s would need them per se, but I'd be inclined to run one anyway to be sure.

As for the variants, I'd get a TGM (spoon copy) for about £100 exchange.

The drop in ones are good, but id rather not have flaps and hinges moving about in the sump.
Just my opinion.
If the sumos coming off to fit a drop in, you might as well just fit a proper one.
cheers, will tgm deliver if he has any in stock. hes a good few hours away from me if not. i might see if TDI north do anything because there only 20 mins away

If cornering hard alot of the time or track days or a supercharger is going to happen then fit one.
A baffled sump insert is the easy way if your doing but TGM had some sumps welded up which may still be available.
its for trackday purposes, ill see about the tgm sumps

i run ad08's never even thought about getting a baffled sump.lol
thats bad, oil starvation will kill your engine

T

Tegiwa Imports

We do them on an exchange, pm me
Also if you are local to TDI north call them and ask about getting some of our fitted. It's something they do.

kingston

Advanced Member
If your running semi-slicks then yes youll need a baffled sump.

RE070's arent really semi-slicks but a high performance summer road tyre. In general, on the roads you wont be undertaking the same sort of cornering as you would on track - im sure theres some warriors on here that'll say different but...

You could run semi's without a baffled sump - just make sure the oil level is a 1-2mm above the top hole.

All of the above can be found on the forum using search

mike.williams

Advanced Member
If your running semi-slicks then yes youll need a baffled sump.

RE070's arent really semi-slicks but a high performance summer road tyre. In general, on the roads you wont be undertaking the same sort of cornering as you would on track - im sure theres some warriors on here that'll say different but...

You could run semi's without a baffled sump - just make sure the oil level is a 1-2mm above the top hole.

All of the above can be found on the forum using search
tried the search thats why i posted, thanks for your input

if i do get a baffled sump i wont be running re070 but ad08s on track. if i put the baffled sump on hold ill be ok on re070s then

thanks

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Would have thought so unless you are track day-in the hell out of the car. Best person to talk to is Tom at TGM.
Give him a bell mate, top bloke.

viggen

Advanced Member
re070 and ad08's arent semi slicks.i keep my oil on the max line and check it every week.and i dont track mine

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
I ran RE70s on track without a baffled sump, Just make sure the oil is topped up, Don't go wild on the overfill! Otherwise you run the risk of damaging oil seals or in cases on other cars i have seen the oil caps blown off. Just keep it on max or fractionally above.

If you have the spare cash to get a baffled sump then go for it.

On another note RE070s are decent tyres, squeal alot imo great when warmed up in the dry and ok in the wet on track when warm.
Not very good when cold in the wet however.

I only got them to match the two on the rear i had. Otherwise i would have gone for ad08s which i feel are slightly softer and have a bit more grip. Mate ran them on his DC5 at the ring and would say there was just as much grip as my EK9 on R888s but they overheat faster.

Stoo

Whining.....
Thy will overheat fast if they have too much pressure in them.

I adjusted mine til they were around 30psi when hot.

Cold they were around 24-25 psi.

Didn't go off on me pushing fairly hard.

rascal69

Advanced Member
I run rsr's with no baffled sump. Will be getting one when I put the car back on the road though.