Baffled sump

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Hi, looking to put a baffled sump in my car , what's the going rate supply and fitted ? I live in Hampshire so would you say tgm are the best bet ? :)

ldubl

Advanced Member
Had a Clockwise baffled sump insert fitted recently at TGM; excellent work as always. Had a fair amount of work done on my Tegs with them over the yrs; they know their stuff and Tom's a top bloke.

It's a few hrs labour to drop subframe, get sump off, clean it up, put all back etc.

Consider if you need any other work doing whilst subframe off; obviously you'll be doing an oil change! I went for new aux belt as mine was looking discoloured and a magnetic sump plug. Consider Energy engine mount inserts if you haven't got them already, or may be you're thinking of other work in the future, so could save on labour getting done at same time etc

Yep, give TGM a call, ask for Tom to discuss prices. Their excellent reputation means they're always busy, so may have to call a few times; it's all part of the TGM experience :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I'm not gonna mention prices on here in case TGM can't match that again. But they were the cheapest when i got mine fitted last year

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
TGM did a weld in on mine, Cheapest by far and best workmanship going. I'm 30secs down the road phil so can take you for a spin in mine and grab a coffee whilst you wait.

ldubl

Advanced Member
Have a chat to Tom mate; others are available :)

Good shout getting these done at same time @spooke

spooke

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
are they the best?? not to bothered about price.
You can get Rijikara's (Spoon) ones but personally I went for Blox as I didn't want to spend that much, the Blox ones are basically a copy anyway vs the basic collars that other brands sell, they come with the extra collars to go between the subframe and chassis, rather than just bolt and subframe collars.

big-pete

Advanced Member
spooke said:
You can get Rijikara's (Spoon) ones but personally I went for Blox as I didn't want to spend that much, the Blox ones are basically a copy anyway vs the basic collars that other brands sell, they come with the extra collars to go between the subframe and chassis, rather than just bolt and subframe collars.
so ive somehow talked myself into a baffled sump and blox collars,

anything else i should be doing while im subframe off? ie ARB etc?

Fez

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
so ive somehow talked myself into a baffled sump and blox collars,

anything else i should be doing while im subframe off? ie ARB etc?
Balljoints, arb links, bushes, front arm bushes, engine mounts, anything gearbox related? 😅

big-pete

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Balljoints, arb links, bushes, front arm bushes, engine mounts, anything gearbox related?
so some buddyclub RCAs?
ive got hardrace Arb links already installed on a stock arb, might just throw a whiteline on.
bushes- thats something that i really want to do, any companies sell every bush?
engine mounts are full vibratechnics on mine.
gearbox related- this is getting a bit ££ now!!

Fez

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
so some buddyclub RCAs?
ive got hardrace Arb links already installed on a stock arb, might just throw a whiteline on.
bushes- thats something that i really want to do, any companies sell every bush?
I have buddyclub rc's, with no problems, but unless your low some people dont recommend them.
Unless you have a huge rear arb and getting chronic over steer/lots of roll on tracki dont think you need a front arb, plus front one is silly light as its hollow.
Ive got a set of front arm bushes for sale in fs section lol. But yeah energy suspenion bushes or superpro are both good.

spooke

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
so some buddyclub RCAs?
Fez said:
I have buddyclub rc's, with no problems, but unless your low some people dont recommend them.
Unless you have a huge rear arb and getting chronic over steer/lots of roll on tracki dont think you need a front arb, plus front one is silly light as its hollow.
Ive got a set of front arm bushes for sale in fs section lol. But yeah energy suspenion bushes or superpro are both good.
If you're lowered then 100% on RCA's, they've transformed my car, the front end grip is unreal now :D They are recommended for -30mm or lower.

Definitely get the bushes replaced whilst you can then, perhaps camber bolts if you don't have already too.