Baffled Sump

Jayk

Advanced Member
Where can i get one from guys? Starting to hit the corners pretty hard now, (got used to it finally from RWD) and get huge power loss as soon as i straighten it out get a huge surge of power, sometimes feels like lift off oversteer half way through a bend :shock:

Last time it was happening alot Oil level was pretty low, replaced Oil and it stopped doing it. Has started doing it over time as ive driven it harder and harder, I thought it was the Oil level again but it seems ok, topped it up and hit the same bend and it did it again!

Anyone know where i can get a decent baffled sump from?

Cheers
Jay

P.S need new tyres again, anyone got any recommendations, i like the OEM ones though. Dont drive it hard in the wet.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
I like the OEM tyres too, never tried the others, but have no reason too 8)

As for the baffled sunp, I belive Spoon are one of the main dealers in those atm - however I believe that Tom (TGM) can also source these. Worth giving him a ring to check :wink:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Spoon do one, but TGM DEFO do one too as mine is being fitted on the 16th along with some other bits & bobs :wink:

Ring Tom

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
TGM do their own ,which he fits to their race cars, i have been using one as well with no probs so far.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Welsh-Rich said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Ring Tom you lazy turds.

I couldn't tell you as I asked for a price including other things
Will find out Thursday, booked in - again :oops: :lol:
Coilovers being fitted any chance Rich? :lol:
Now what makes you think that? :D :lol: :lol:

Tempted y braided hoses & sump too, but I think they can wait a little while though :oops:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Welsh-Rich said:
Now what makes you think that? :D :lol: :lol:

Tempted y braided hoses & sump too, but I think they can wait a little while though :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Must admit braided hoses are on my wish list.

If you want your sump done, I think he might need some notice :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Unless he has one already done I think its an overnight jobbie. He takes yours off, gets a local to weld in some baffle plates then re-fits yours back. The gaskets on these are liquid sealant so take a few hours to dry too before you fire them up. I think last time I heard they were £250 to £300 but you'd have to ask Tom direct.

If you look at a spoon one thats all they are - a normal sump with a cover plate welded across to stop the oil sloshing up too far.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Cheers guys....knew about the notice on the sump, it'll be one for future tbh.

Didn't know what work needed doing to the standard sump though, impressive 8)