Ball shaped gear knob

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I am thinking of getting a ball shaped gear knob...

Who has one.. how would you comment it against OEM?

Photos welcome!

coconat

Advanced Member
I have the Mugen carbon gearknob if that's what you mean, I was very iffy about it at first when it came in the post but it feels good once you get used to it, you get a nice grip from it, fits nicely in your hand and it looks pretty sweet too :) never even had OEM as it was taken off before coming over to me on boat but I have never been tempetd to go OEM as I love my Mugen, can get pic of it in the car if you want to see the size of it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mugen-Carbon-Fibre-6-Speed-Gear-Shift-Knob-BLACK-JDM-Type-R-Honda-Civic-Integra-/171102130091?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d67b4fab

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I too have a ball shaped neon style gear knob foe some strange reason I no longer miss gears .

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies,i would like to see a picture of an FD2/FN2 (or a white duracon Tegiwa) one installed on a DC5 if anyone has one. Thanks again!

Kerv

Advanced Member
I have the silver brushed Mugen. Feels a lot better than the OEM when changing gears.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I have that Mugen gear knob too. If I'm being honest, I actually prefer the OEM shape as I grip from the side like holding a glass

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I have that Mugen gear knob too. If I'm being honest, I actually prefer the OEM shape as I grip from the side like holding a glass

Agree I've drove with a ball, OEM and my one skunk2 neo chrome and I prefer the shape of mine over a ball one.

I am however tempted by a mugen one brushed after seeing it fitted lol

Skunk2 anyone???

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i guess after all its a personal preference mod again..and hand size depended :p

mugen looks nice though