Battery Battery Battery!

jammy02

Advanced Member
Whilst I appreciate there is a thread on Battery's, ("The ultimate battery thread) that was started in 2010. Does any know the latest Halford Battery number?

I went to purchase a battery from Halfords for the Integra the other week, and ended up taking 2 battery's back (incorrect)

Apparently, according to an employee they have relabelled the numbers. and the battery is now longer available. (HB054)

I have already bought another battery, think it might of been a Varta battery and it didn't fit in the tray properly - so I'm not overly keen with that.

Does the EP3 battery fit?

And does anyone know the latest Halfords battery code? (if there is one)

Or does anyone know of another battery that fits in the tray correctly and is the correct battery?

Cheers

Thanks

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
As above get the honda one.

i bought the halfords one but it leaked and has corroded my fancy battery tie bar :(

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've just bought one now, I get the low voltage EML sometimes when very cold and occasionally have to jump the car. With the cold coming again now thought it would be best!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Halfords don't do one for our cars I needed a battery a few months back got one through a mate of mine in the end.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i seem to think the micra battery was a direct swap, because of the smaller jap terminals .

but tbh, honda are so cheap for batteries etc, its a no brainer, they arnt just cheap eurocar parts ones with a sticker either, they are proper japan sourced

jammy02

Advanced Member
The Honda one above also looks smaller???

Does anyone know the dimensions on this, I couldn't see them on that site / confirm that it fits the tray properly?

hondaft

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
i seem to think the micra battery was a direct swap, because of the smaller jap terminals .

but tbh, honda are so cheap for batteries etc, its a no brainer, they arnt just cheap eurocar parts ones with a sticker either, they are proper japan sourced
Yeh I ended up getting a micra battery from Halfords but I went for the Yuasa one since I read great reviews and also heard that's what Honda use in a lot of their BTCC cars.

Higher CCA and 5 year warranty with it as well, I've had mine about 4 or 5 months and hasn't missed a beat (touch wood) even with it sitting a week or so unmoved over Christmas.

alimujahid_dc5

One of the first thing i notice when i first opened up the bonnet is how tiny the battery is loool my mates take the mick out of it every time they see it hahaha

Rom

Advanced Member
I I needed one last year, and Honda were not help. Not through lack of trying.
He said the old part number superceeded over and over, until the latest one, which was the same as a Jazz I think he said.
It didn't fit, it was also a Varta battery.

I ended up going for a Yuasa 3000, I was going to go with the 5000, but it was silver lol. Straight fit, right size terminals, more power than oem.

I dont use the car for weeks at a time, so needed something that can last a while between starts.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I just bought a genuine Honda one from Cox, fits perfect

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk