Battery terminals

jay82

Advanced Member
I start only using my car the weekends.
I went to start the car the other day and everything just went blank. So turned out the positive came loose and needs a new one. So my question is will I just go to honda to order new ones or is there a upgrade terminals you can get.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Nothing special about the terminals, any motor factor should be able to supply. Something like THIS should do ;)

T.G.

jay82

Advanced Member
But is there any that help with the audio?
Think I'd just go to honda need a new plastic cover anyway

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i dont really understand what you are asking, you want the terminal or cover ? normally you can just tighten the terminal , the terminals on a honda are smaller than the ones you would get on a UK car. if you go to honda, they may be able to offer you a terminal but i think they might only want to sell you the terminal attached to the cable which wont be cheap .

there are many who can help with audio, just ask the questions ..

Rom

Advanced Member
If you mean to improve sound quality ? Not really.

There are cadmium terminals etc out there. But most if not all are for standard size posts. Who would build a high end system around a JDM size battery ?!
Thats not to say they work, i have no proof either way. Ive used them, and couldnt tell a difference, but then i didnt expect too.

The cover will be Honda only. You can buy universal covers, but again, they are sized around standard terminals, and they are quite large.

If your going serious sound system. Id swap the battery to the boot, and run a larger battery.

That said, i run a 4 channel and a monoblock in mine off a standard OEM battery fine. Though it wouldnt last long with the engine off i imagine.