BC coilovers from ep3

J teg

Hi,anyone in here knows if bc coilovers from ep3 will fit to facelift dc5?thanks

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yes and it doesn't matter if its a facelift or pre facelift car it will fit, you just have to keep in mind the additional parts you'll need to make it work, you will need ep3 tie rod ends (taper is smaller) and a 1mm washer either side of the rear shock mount bushing so 4 i total. Ep3 tie rod ends are cheap and the washers you can get from most places for a couple of quid, even Halfrauds...

Whether the spring rates and damper valving is right for a dc5 is debatable.

impne

Advanced Member
BC have been the only ones I‘ve had over 25 years I‘ve never had issues with and they performed really well when hondR fitted them to my accord tourer
The ones I‘ve had most issues with over the years are bilstien they just break for fun but this is probably down to the crap roads where I live

impne

Advanced Member
For my curiosity when did they start rebranding

Think the last bilstein I used were in my scooby from around 2008 since then kept away

Used them loads on 205 rally car, loads of visa gti‘s chevette hs‘s as they were meant to be the best at that time

Used a few bc recently as recommended to me by well known garages ie hondR and had no issues at all

All in All have been through most manufacturers in around 60 cars I‘ve owned

impne

Advanced Member
Mentioned this to my mate who knows a distributor for bilstein who he asked and he said bilstein only make for bilstein?

Are BC made by someone else

Bilstein he mentioned are part of a large company of around 600 so paths may cross I suppose?

Anyway only what I‘ve found over the years in my personal experience in my small world 😂

Midnight

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
They're not...
Bilstein work with H&R on a few different components. H&R struts 'were' originally Bilstein.

BC are a rebranded KSport, YellowSpeed, XYZ, D2 which originates from Tein copied struts. (Day 1, may have changed slightly now).

That's not saying that some have revised parts but most the above are made in bulk in similar warehouses.

(We run Yellowspeed Area MS coilovers, again while they share some companonets some parts are researched and upgraded to offer better results e.g Eibach rear springs).

I remember when XYZ/D2 first started they were looking for smaller companies to brand out. So if you had the ££,£££ you could have had very similar suspension/brakes but with the Logo 'Chris' and have your own brand.