BC RACING coilovers with fast road.

SharpyDC5

Alright guys, finding the standard suspension set up a little to on the hard side,so im thinking its time for a change.
just wondering if anyone had a set of BC RACING coilovers on the teg, if so which ones are best to go for? and if anyone has had a fast road set up done with them? any problems in fitting them etc?
and would i need to buy new camber bolts?

:D

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you will find any after market suspension softer than the oem set up I have the N+ coilovers and they did my frs I rate both love the way the car handles now but soft they are not.
And to prevent negative handling you should always have the camber adjusted when lowering the car.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I'd heard the Eibach ProStreet coilovers were one of the softest coilovers for road use but i may be wrong?

Also if your after a soft ride im not sure coilovers are the best way to go, you're probably better off just getting the Eibach lowering springs on your current dampers and changing to a softer tyre like the Toyo T1R.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
sovietspybob said:
Also if your after a soft ride im not sure coilovers are the best way to go, you're probably better off just getting the Eibach lowering springs on your current dampers and changing to a softer tyre like the Toyo T1R.
Totally agree with this, springs would probably suit your needs best.

SharpyDC5

thanks for the feed back guys, its good to hear other teg users thoughts. anyone else want to add to this? has anyone been in a teg with BC racing coilovers? and when i say BC i dont mean Buddy club..

blueguy

Resident J's whore
pm Peter D mate. He has BC's on his car. I only remember this because at the time he thought he had J's :lol:

George K

Advanced Member
Sadly most coil overs seem to be intended for smooth circuit work and are generally about 6kg/mm front and 9 ish at the rear. I re-calculated the rates from square one and came up with much softer settings - easily supplied by Eibach or Faulkner - when used in conjunction with AST dampers I am very happy with the result (both for road use and competition). The cheapest approach to 'improve' the ride is probably to fit Eibach springs and Koni sport rear dampers set to full soft. the standard rear spings have a very aggressive rising rate and the damping figures are well on the hard side.

If you already have coil-overs there is nothing to stop you fitting different springs. The only problem might be that the dampers do not have enough travel to accommodate the greater travel that will result from fitting softer springs - mine have about 105 mm at the front which is just about OK.

Peter D

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
pm Peter D mate. He has BC's on his car. I only remember this because at the time he thought he had J's :lol:
Still don't know how i confused BC Racing with J's Racing...d'oh!!! :lol: :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Have a look on the MLR and search BC coilovers, they do not have a good rep at all.

as others have said just changing springs will help a little but changing to coilovers can be better if they are valved and sprung to suit, also you should beware that just changing the springs on a coilover will not necessarily help you, if you have gone from hard to very soft your dampers will be valved for hard so can cause problems,

Best bet is to talk to some one like Tom from TGM he will be able to advise exactly what you need for the ride you want

brands who should be able to revalve dampers as they have UK service centres
AST
Koni
Ohlins (new road and track look great)