BC Racing Coilovers

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Goodday gentlemen,

I can get a very good price on a set of BC (not buddyclub) BR Coilovers.
Spring rate is Front 10k, rear 12k.
According to data i found that my currents setup (OEM dampers and eibach sportline) is: 6k front and 10k rear.
Question is, big difference rate? what can i expect in stiffness? how will it be for daily?

Other question is:
What about travel, got info that it has 2,5 inch until it hits the bumpstop, is this enough?
what about potholes? how about grip on the road with these spring.

Looking forward to your advice

George K

Advanced Member
Ideally you need 100 m plus total travel for road use. 10k springs give an extremely high frequency, which imho is only suitable for track work on appropriate tyres.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
are there any coilover sets that give at least 10cm of movement? what do you think is ideal spring rate for road use and a bit track?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the BC BR series coilover for the dc5 should have n 8kg front and 10kg rear spring, this will be ok for street use , 10 and 12 is a little firm but with the dampers set on minimum should be just about liveable. i dont know where you got the data ref the travel but it is not correct, they will have much more than 2.5" unless they are not for a dc5, if they arent they wont fit anyway.
im sure BC would do a deal on some different springs for you

donkeykong

Advanced Member
This is a demoset for cheap, it has the 10k and 12k springs, sure of that.
Possible it was for a different car, do you know how much travel they have?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if its for a different car you have no chance , if its for an ep3 its possible (with a couple of mods), i dont know how much travel exactly but if they are for a dc5 or ep3 they will have plenty for road use . 2.5" travel is next to nothing and would be totally unuseble even on track.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
i meant the travel of the schock, i think it was for a impreza. 2,5 inch travel en 1,5 inch bumpstop.
anyway the one i can buy is for a dc5.
i only read good things about these bc's, but nowhere that it sucks :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
as i said if its for a dc5 then dont worry about the travel , it will be fine, all cars are different so will be the specs

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If the shock is designed for the dc5 the actual shock travel or stroke will be pretty much the same from any manufacturer due to the actual size constraints of the dampers themselves. Shock travel is hardly ever listed in the specs which is why I queried it in the fort place.