BC Racing Vs Meister CRD+ (£750.00 budget)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hi guys, have been sold on a set of CRD+ for a while now but I've noticed a fair few people jumping on the BC racing coilovers now so I wanted some general feedback on both of them. I understand that they both have camber adjustable top mounts and other than that I would imagine pretty similar. It would be brilliant if I could get some feedback from someone who has experience of both?.

I'm also open to hear about other brands that people would recommend although I'm not too bothered about yellowspeed thanks.

Basically anyone in the know please feel free to leave your thoughts.

Thanks alot!
Chris

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Cheers Luke! Have read though that. It is very informative and I think part of it is sales waffle Etc. So I suppose it's picking the good information from it!

I'm hoping hear from some BC owners also. However I suspect it won't really matter what I go for in the budget (apart from the known crap brands) they're be pretty similar performance wise.

Fez

Advanced Member
I just fitted BC's to mine, but the RM version, not sure if they are a bit out of your budget, but i love them.
I was in the same position, bc's or the crd's, but i went out in an ep3 with bc BR fitted and i loved the way it drove/handled/rode, granted the meisters could have been the same but i knew i liked them so went for them.
So many people have been in my car and commented how well it rides with the coilovers fitted.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I just fitted BC's to mine, but the RM version, not sure if they are a bit out of your budget, but i love them.
I was in the same position, bc's or the crd's, but i went out in an ep3 with bc BR fitted and i loved the way it drove/handled/rode, granted the meisters could have been the same but i knew i liked them so went for them.
So many people have been in my car and commented how well it rides with the coilovers fitted.
Thanks Huw. That's a good insight! I could up the budget if necessary. Wish you were closer I'd be asking for a passenger ride lol. Cheers mate

Kenz

Advanced Member
I doubt youd notice any significant difference between the 2 Chris. If i was you, and i had origionally wanted meister r, id go for them. Ive never really heard any bad reviews or horror stories of either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
If it were my money and saving more wasn't an option, I'd go with the Miester R's.
Cheers Chris that's what I'm thinking. I could stretch further forbthebright product but would need a fair bit more for what I'd want (Bilstein B16). So due to my limited track usage think I'll save some pennies and get the CRDs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blake

I've always liked MR and used them in my DC2 days and most certainly are a very well made product that last up well even on our roads

However, opted for BC on the DC5 as couldn't argue in the end with being able to pick your own spring rates on this level of coilover and got a really good deal from Rival Motorsport.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I'm fitting my MR's tonight Chris so I'll also be able to let you know in due course how I'm find them.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Blake said:
I've always liked MR and used them in my DC2 days and most certainly are a very well made product that last up well even on our roads

However, opted for BC on the DC5 as couldn't argue in the end with being able to pick your own spring rates on this level of coilover and got a really good deal from Rival Motorsport.
Cheers Blake. I had thought that about the spring rates. But heard off a friend and fellow DC5 owner that the spring rates offered by BC wasn't actually ideal for the DC5 chassis. However to be totally honest I have zero knowledge in that area. Thanks for the post. Let me know how you rate them!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
I'm fitting my MR's tonight Chris so I'll also be able to let you know in due course how I'm find them.

Hi Adam,

Awesome, that sounds great! I did see your cheeky post on the Facebook page. They do look lovely. Please do keep me updated yes! Many thanks. Hope that rear lights holding up well! I need a new rear drivers side now due to it condensing up real bad!

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Hi Adam,

Awesome, that sounds great! I did see your cheeky post on the Facebook page. They do look lovely. Please do keep me updated yes! Many thanks. Hope that rear lights holding up well! I need a new rear drivers side now due to it condensing up real bad!
No problem Chris!

Yea, my Mrs told me she had treated herself to a post xmas gift so I thought I'd do the same for myself!

They're all fitted now, so I'll report back over the weekend how I'm getting on.
Just on first impressions, the car feels absolutely solid now. The braking, turn in and acceleration just feel so much better.

The car has recently been fully polybushed with the Complete SuperPro kit too so this is definitely going to help improve the performance furthermore.

Light is holding up perfectly thanks!
I did have to purchase a pair of new light seals as mine were way past their expiry, even with sealant on them!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
No problem Chris!

Yea, my Mrs told me she had treated herself to a post xmas gift so I thought I'd do the same for myself!

They're all fitted now, so I'll report back over the weekend how I'm getting on.
Just on first impressions, the car feels absolutely solid now. The braking, turn in and acceleration just feel so much better.

The car has recently been fully polybushed with the Complete SuperPro kit too so this is definitely going to help improve the performance furthermore.

Light is holding up perfectly thanks!
I did have to purchase a pair of new light seals as mine were way past their expiry, even with sealant on them!

Sounds very promising!

Well always a great excuse when the missus can't complain ain't it 😂.

Looking forward to your updates over the weekend.

Glad the lights doing OK! Believe it or not I had the light seals replaced so the one on your light wasn't old at all haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
For the budget end, the advantage with MR for me is that you have Jerrick on hand who appears super helpful/friendly should anything go wrong.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
For the budget end, the advantage with MR for me is that you have Jerrick on hand who appears super helpful/friendly should anything go wrong.
That's massively swaying my thinking Chris, seems a big plus having them around. Id love to be able to chuck more money towards suspension. But i don't do no where near enough fastbroad or track driving to warrant it. Out of interest what coilovers are you running again?