Bedford Autodrome- 15th August HELP!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I just tested my car using an iPhone app at around .5metres from the exhaust and got a reading of around 95 at 4krpm. So fingers crossed :D

S'arrt

I went to Bedford in March, and failed the static sound test. I have a Fuji RM01A, AEM air intake and a 3" custom b-pipe. They asked me to rev it to 6.5k but rev limiter stops at 5.5k... So not only was I below the Rev limit they asked for, but I was exceeding the static 101db limit as I was already at 105db.. To my surprise, they still gave me a sound test passed sticker and said you need to modify the car to make it quieter or you'll kicked off. I learned the locations of the mics on the sighting laps and short shifted through the beginning of the day. By the end I was pretty much giving it everything near the mics and never even got a warning... I did however see a fn2 civic get black flagged.. Maybe I got lucky. It was my first track day though, and even if I had short shifted the entire day, the track is still long enough to enjoy yourself. I advise take it easy at first to avoid getting any unwanted attention from the stewards. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I'm just hoping it will be fine. I know a fair few people running a similar set up on track. My worry is that Bedford seems to have more stringent noise limits.

Also my car will only rev to 4krpm because of launch control so that might save me haha.

Hopefully the Iphone app is accurate!

spooke

Advanced Member
S'arrt said:
I went to Bedford in March, and failed the static sound test. I have a Fuji RM01A, AEM air intake and a 3" custom b-pipe. They asked me to rev it to 6.5k but rev limiter stops at 5.5k... So not only was I below the Rev limit they asked for, but I was exceeding the static 101db limit as I was already at 105db.. To my surprise, they still gave me a sound test passed sticker and said you need to modify the car to make it quieter or you'll kicked off. I learned the locations of the mics on the sighting laps and short shifted through the beginning of the day. By the end I was pretty much giving it everything near the mics and never even got a warning... I did however see a fn2 civic get black flagged.. Maybe I got lucky. It was my first track day though, and even if I had short shifted the entire day, the track is still long enough to enjoy yourself. I advise take it easy at first to avoid getting any unwanted attention from the stewards. Good luck!

I was asked to rev to that too, the guy on the noise testing was trying to tell me that I modified my car as it was cutting at 5.5k - I told him that it was standard, he disagreed but I cba to argue with him so I just held it at 5k lol...

Reggie just tell them it revs to 8k and don't hit your launch control. ;)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I was asked to rev to that too, the guy on the noise testing was trying to tell me that I modified my car as it was cutting at 5.5k - I told him that it was standard, he disagreed but I cba to argue with him so I just held it at 5k lol...

Hahah that's the plan spooke! xthumbup

Need to keep it just below 4krpm and hopefully they won't notice 8)

Max77

Advanced Member
I'm sure there's a way to disengage that by putting your foot on the brake at the same time? In sure I claimed my I could only Rev to 4k because of launch control and they told me to do that to make it Rev to there desired limit

S'arrt

spooke said:

Haha yes, I don't think they believed me at first but I just acted polite and sheepish and they eventually accepted it was standard. I had a guy leaning in the window though looking at the Rev counter saying more morreeeee... I was just like, I can't! I'm trying! I think my exhaust sound peaks in decibels when it hits the limiter, the immediate cutting of on/off rather than being held flat at a certain level like 5k.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Max77 said:
I'm sure there's a way to disengage that by putting your foot on the brake at the same time? In sure I claimed my I could only Rev to 4k because of launch control and they told me to do that to make it Rev to there desired limit
I could disengage it by leaving it in neutral, but though I;d be cheeky and claim it won't go higher to keep it below 4krpm

Max77

Advanced Member
I'm sure I tried that but they're not as naive as we'd like to think.