Bedford Autodrome Saturday 12th October

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Just booked this last night, anyone else going? Would be great to see some other 5's on track :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
£199 which I think is not bad for a Saturday open pit lane, to be honest I was so over excited I didn't look around lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Bedford is quite close to me although I've never driven it. Plenty of run off so I hear

I won't be joining this one at that price as I and a few other members on here did cadwell yesterday. Absolutely amazing. Defiantly worth a go if you've not already. Bedford is on my list of tracks to do.

Have a good one bud

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Ah that's a shame bud, no option for morning/afternoon sessions either :(

Dan34

Advanced Member
I'd love to do this as well, but it's a bit too much money considering I booked another day at Cadwell this afternoon lol.

As Steve said Bedford is definitely on the list!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah really looking forward to it as I've only done Castle Combe and Oulton. Not many tracks near me in driving distance but my family is in Nearby so going down Friday night then drive up in the morning.

Really annoying as so many tracks I want to do but just think it will ruin me to drive that far to spend all day spanking it round a track and then drive all the way back. I'm going to try to hit Oulton before the end of the year, might just have to stay in a cheap hotel the night before lol

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
That's what myself and coyote did for Cadwell yesterday. Stayed in a hotel the night before (3.5 hour drive there), and stayed at jdmsteve's the Wed night, makes the trip a lot easier.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah sounds like the best way, otherwise you'll never visit more than one or two tracks I guess

maxvr6

Advanced Member
So i had a great day out with my brother at Bedford, sorry i didnt get round to getting any pics. So many awesome cars there but Honda wasnt too well represented (only an EP3 and a DC2). Tons of Porsche's (GT3's and Carrera's) a couple of R35's, a CHROME wrapped 370Z! (lets say that wasnt to my taste), some 205's, some EVO's, some M3's (E46's E90's), some Ariel Atoms, you get the picture so a really good mix of very capable cars.

Also the fastest Saxo ive ever come across in my life! On closer inspection i soon understood why, it was running a full suspension setup, ARB's completely stripped out, some engine tuning work, and A048's, overall an extremely well setup car with a capable driver, you'll see it at some point in the vids.

I managed to record a few sessions from after the lunch break, the morning was quite wet but eventually dried out thank god. I got a bit "over confident" on the first session after lunch so that one isnt the best.

This was my first time here and i still have bags of room for improvement, and watching these back i can already see lots more areas to improve on top of what i already knew (some of it just requires a little more courage shall we say) and i think with some more practice and the removal of a certain pie muncher from the passenger seat i can easily get well below the 3 min barrier.

Unfortunately several laps were lost due to the app crashing until i rebooted the phone before the last session.

Ive stiched the laps together into 3 sessions for ease of viewing, hope you like and have fun watching me make a fool of myself, hopefully you guys can give me some constructive critisism rather than taking the urine :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEOuUYFt7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvt5UOIoXZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftHYkg_ijs

maxvr6

Advanced Member
beppe786 said:
great videos love the live stats, how did you do that?
Harry's lap timer is an awesome little app, only £15ish for the petrolhead version which includes the ability to record video. The throttle/gear/rev data is produced using a generic OBD wifi tool paired with my iphone and vehicle specifications programmed into the settings of the app, so all in only £30 not incluing the mount for the phone. If you need a hand setting up let me know ;)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Wow this is a fast circuit. I'd be flat out down those straights with my FD on the governor lol