Bedford EVO Track Evening - 25th April - £119

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm just looking into this now......need to check my diary in the morning and also find out how far away from the Wirral it is.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
I'm just looking into this now......need to check my diary in the morning and also find out how far away from the Wirral it is.
Far...180miles :?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
kingston said:
might do, got annoyed with Bedford after the last time though
What happened??

This one is the shorter layout as used for the Evo mag lap times so no boring fast straight :D

kingston

Advanced Member
induction kit (injen) was setting off the sound meters when going into v-tec and/or in traffic. something to do with the resonance/frequency rather than db though setting it off but was close to coming black flagged

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
kingston said:
induction kit (injen) was setting off the sound meters when going into v-tec and/or in traffic. something to do with the resonance/frequency rather than db though setting it off but was close to coming black flagged
uhmmmm....now I'm concerned mine will do the same because my car is far from being quiet! I never used to have issues there but I know they have changed their policy since :?

kingston

Advanced Member
yeah, looking at your set-up the only thing thats different to mine is the dc mani, the hks/mugen are similar db, injen/fuk id imagine the same.

The way i got around this was do change up early on exiting a corner :cry: if surrounded by other cars or if stuck in the pack, try and drop back out of it

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
kingston said:
i forgot to ask, how it go?
Fantastic mate! Car passed the noise test no problem with a static reading of just 89db 8)

I didn't realise that Evo magazine would be bringing their fleet of cars with them so you could have passenger laps in exotica like:

Zonda S! - driven by Harry himself 8)
GT3 RS
New M3
New Evo X
New WRX
Caterham 400 & 500
Clio V6

I'll post some pics and video when I get time.

The Teg was superb on the day too :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
That's cool - I fancy Bedford, but looking at the normal trackdays (as opposed to evenings), the limit is 87db and there's no way my DC5 or FD would pass that! They even talk about black flags for too much tyre squeal! :shock:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
That's cool - I fancy Bedford, but looking at the normal trackdays (as opposed to evenings), the limit is 87db and there's no way my DC5 or FD would pass that! They even talk about black flags for too much tyre squeal! :shock:
Evenings still give you about 4hrs of driving which is a LOT. Much more and you start to tire and lose concentration plus its hard on the car.

Bedford static noise limit is 98db and 87db drive by. My car is far from quiet and passed easily :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Might give it a go then, it's not too far and reasonably priced - I fancy a change from Donington (good track as it is!)

kingston

Advanced Member
fair enough, i went to book it up but all the places where sold out - just left it too late :cry:

did they have the noise meters out?

what did you have a pax in?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
kingston said:
fair enough, i went to book it up but all the places where sold out - just left it too late :cry:

did they have the noise meters out?

what did you have a pax in?
That's a shame mate.

Yes everyone needs to pass a noise test before you enter. Mine was only 89db static :D

I didn't bother with any pax laps as I made the most of the time in my car 8) Friends went out in most stuff including the Zonda 8)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
kingston said:
no i meant around the track?
yep they need to be out as its part of their cotract with the local council. If they trigger the alarms X amount of times they lose their licence.

The Zonda had to part throttle at certain points but I was fine