Best air intake???

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Its all a bit hearsay and rumours. I've never seen a reliable comparison of them.

I run a J's, and made good figures. Though I don't have a J's mani and exhaust like Alex does.

I've also read that back in the day, the gruppe m was the choice of Jap racing teams. Until the J's came along.

Without seeing back to back tests, on the same car, and same dyno, and really, having the map tweaked for each one. There is no comparison.

All I know, is the J's imo, looks the best by far. They can still be bought new, but are £750+, assuming more since brexit.

I've also ran a Mugen, and still prefer the J's.

None of them are going to be bad, and all will vary. Some giving more top end, others midrange etc.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Where can you get them new mate!? I've found an arc one BNIB which looks decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Injection imports, re spirit. They are made to order though. So expect 4-8 week wait.

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Also is it true you can't use a strut brace with the js racing one?

Jvzr

Advanced Member
I had tegiwa and Mugen
Tegiwa is very loud inside the cabin when driving on, Doesnt bother me, sounds great
Tegiwa seemed to pull harder up top..

The mugen is much quiter but still pulled very well in the mid range.

I liked both but rather the tegiwa for noise

Rom

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
Also is it true you can't use a strut brace with the js racing one?

No, that's not true. The J's brace definitely fits. There are a couple more I think, but I'm not certain which.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I went with the AEM V2. yes I imagine the others with a colder feed will perform better but i wanted my DC2 gark growl back.

The only thing I would upgrade too is an ARC because is so dam lovely looking.

antstarr

The ARC looks the mutts nuts although I am curious how does it get any air feed from the side?

J's looks great although personally for the money it's similar to gruppe M level. Then again Tegiwa does the same job in terms of air intake as gruppe M. Mugen one seems a bit restrictive as much as it does look nice imo.

I got the tegiwa with twin loop good combination and although the missus isn't too keen on the noise of the vtec.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
antstarr said:
The ARC looks the mutts nuts although I am curious how does it get any air feed from the side?

J's looks great although personally for the money it's similar to gruppe M level. Then again Tegiwa does the same job in terms of air intake as gruppe M. Mugen one seems a bit restrictive as much as it does look nice imo.

I got the tegiwa with twin loop good combination and although the missus isn't too keen on the noise of the vtec.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Same here mate it doesn't look functional being on its side I don't get how it could be good