Best Balljoints for a teg with standard suspension

Vtec is a way of life

Iv been trying to find out any information on what ball joints fit our hubs.. I know the likes of buddy club and hard race sell ones but they are for tegs that are lowered.. So kind of stuck 😩

swanny1982

Advanced Member
i had to buy the buddyclub roll centre adjuster ball joints at £120 as cannot get anywhere without the hub included!

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
As above, apart from roll centre adjusters, you can't get an aftermarket balljoint to fit a dc5... They're all too small.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
You have to be kidding me.. The only way to buy oe ball joints is Honda, with a whole hub!? Bonkers.

gaza4

Advanced Member
anyone got the blueprint part number??? have a knocking coming from the front drivers side that i suspect is a ball joint and i dont wanna fork out of buddy club

spooke

Advanced Member
Is it wise to run RCA's on stock suspension? I read that they should only be used on >-30mm else there will be adverse effects. Any input?

swanny1982

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Is it wise to run RCA's on stock suspension? I read that they should only be used on >-30mm else there will be adverse effects. Any input?
Probably not, my mechanic fitted them to my teg on oem suspension and they have given a camber to the wheels now, would much rather of put standard ones on but you just can get them on their own so will now have to eventually change the shocks/springs

nellly

Advanced Member
for the price you will pay for springs and then the fitting it may have been cheaper to fit OEM ones with the hubs. unless you want to go lower that is.

Dc5888

I've had EP3 ones installed recently as the are the same, just the driveshafts are different

gaza4

Advanced Member
i've been doing some research,

came across this link for a Blueprint part, however searching that number on Blueprints catalogue says its for 96-00 Prelude
http://all4honda.com/en/webshop/73-integra-2001-2006/103-service-parts/ball-joint-lower-front-integra-01-06-type-r-dc5-details.html

Nipparts lists 2 different parts for DC5R, J4864002 and N4864019 however these are listed as fitting pretty much ever Civic from 91 aswell as the DC5R

gonna keep searching and see what comes up, surely there is an OEM replacement available from somewhere!!!

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
Vtec is a way of life said:
Iv been trying to find out any information on what ball joints fit our hubs.. I know the likes of buddy club and hard race sell ones but they are for tegs that are lowered.. So kind of stuck
Did you eventually get a hold of some ?