• RE040

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • RE050

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

gaz3434

Advanced Member
olliemk1 said:
d*mn, I don't know whether they were removed for the SVA or not.
They will, more than likely, have been removed for the ESVA and then been put back on afterwards.

olliemk1 said:
Come MOT time will they need to be replaced then? Not that it'll be a problem by then :lol:
No, I don't think they check the load ratings etc. at the MoT, just the general tyre condition & tread depth. I passed an MoT with the RE-01's on my DC5 anyway.

olliemk1 said:
RE050s - when you say softer presumably you're referring to the sidewalls?
I mean the overall tyre compound - it is a softer compound rubber and this will also mean that the tyre sidewalls are also a bit softer. It means you get better dry road grip in our cooler climate but you sacrifice some sharpness in the steering due to the softer sidewalls; not by that much tho and the RE-050's still provide a positive steering feel.

HTH

moggs

Advanced Member
Gaz which tyre did you get? what letters do they have after the A? CZ, LZ etc?

Thanks Ian

gaz3434

Advanced Member
moggs said:
Gaz which tyre did you get? what letters do they have after the A? CZ, LZ etc?

Thanks Ian
It says "050ALZ" in small letters on the side of my tyres, tho it's not right after the larger "RE 050" bit.

HTH

moggs

Advanced Member
Yep that helps, cheers.
And your happy with the overall performance of the tyre?

gaz3434

Advanced Member
moggs said:
Yep that helps, cheers.
And your happy with the overall performance of the tyre?
Yeah, I would say that in comparison to the Yoko AVS Sport tyres I had on before I'm really pleased with them. They might not have the same dry grip as the RE 01's but then not many UK tyres will, and the wet road handling is certainly much better in the RE 050's, which is useful in our damp climate! :D

AdrianK

Advanced Member
I have the RE 050 ALZ on the front and the older 050 MZ on the rear, i have tried them both ways round and i have to say the MZ compound ones are stiffer and grip better than the LZ's.

Persoanlly id go for MZ's if you have the option, but im not sure iif 050A's come in MZ or if its only the older 050's.