Best Flywheel?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Did a search on here and noone seems to have asked the question so wondering what people's opinions are on the best flywheel for fast road/occasional track use? My clutch scored my flywheel and I don't want to use a skimmed one! Don't want too light as don't want to lose torque/driveability. And where do you all buy from? Don't particularly want to order from Tegiwa as it was the F1 clutch which fubared my gearbox and flywheel so want something with a decent warranty and a company that isn't going to just offer me 10-15% off the next clutch/flywheel from the same make for it to happen again...

donkeykong

Advanced Member
the kaiten one that paul G is sellings is good, weigh 4kg oem is 4,6kg so not much difference and it cost 200 pounds.
and i thought he had lifetime guarantee, but not sure on that :)

Paul G

Members
the kaiten one that paul G is sellings is good, weigh 4kg oem is 4,6kg so not much difference and it cost 200 pounds.
and i thought he had lifetime guarantee, but not sure on that :)

Yep i still have some left :wink:

£199. Or £210. next working day.

Paul.

num0021

Advanced Member
I went with toda flywheel. The quality is superb and it weights 3.75 kg only. Never had any problem with drivability, especially with stop and go traffic. Noticed a difference between the toda one and oem one.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Oh didn't realise there were any replies to this! Thanks for your input guys. Will be getting in touch with Paul G come payday me thinks :).

dotty

Advanced Member
Bump for this. Tried searching for a kaiten flywheel but no one seems to sell them anymore..

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I recently ordered a f1 but got sent an RPC by tegiwa will keep an eye on it after fitting and see how I go.

Let me know how your search goes Dotty

Gordon

Rom

Advanced Member
I've only really seen the Fidanza ones. But I've not exactly been looking.

Are they no good?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh, are they not? Like I say, only seen them in browsing really, not looked on detail.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've had my 3.6kg ultra light comp one in there for well over 100,000 miles and countless clutch changes and it's not missed a beat!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

davidpingu

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I've had my 3.6kg ultra light comp one in there for well over 100,000 miles and countless clutch changes and it's not missed a beat!
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
I think that's the one I have too. It's what uncle Tom had in stock and fitted for me after finding out mine had been eaten by my old paddle clutch. There's a couple pictures of it on a TGM thread I did after going. I'll see if I can find it.....

dotty

Advanced Member
I think I am going for a clockwise motion one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402818108.133386.jpg

I have contacted injection imports about options and it turns out that Jun do one and also Toda, but the Toda one comes as part of a clutch kit and you don't get much change from £900..

Clockwise will be the one I think.