Best front pads without all the dust?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I've heard of wonder wheels stripping lacquer before. But never the Auto Glym stuff. Stick to that IMO.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The Autoglym stuff I've just bought does mention it's part acidic. About to give it a blast on my wheels.

Should be ok I'd have thought.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
The Autoglym stuff I've just bought does mention it's part acidic. About to give it a blast on my wheels.

Should be ok I'd have thought.
I think the secret is don't leave it on to long ;)

T.G.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Personally i don't use wheel cleaners every time, i don't see the need unless they are stained, i just use car shampoo the same time as doing the bodywork.

Crazylegs surly your's aren't stained yet?

T.G.

dave7368

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Crazylegs surly your's aren't stained yet?

T.G.
i was thinking the same, poorboys wheel sealant and regular washing is all you should need with freshly refurbed wheels Marc....

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The fronts seems to have stained with white residue, I'm fairly certain it's the Poor boys stuff I've bought for the black and rubber bits that's ran down off the tyre on to the alloy after spraying it on.

What's odd is that the rears are fine yet I followed the exact same process on all 4 wheels and this was a good week or so after having the car back.

It's not massively noticeable but I think I will take the advice on board and not use the Autoglym wheel cleaner every time unless they're caked in dust. The car is only getting used on weekends really so I only ever clean it then anyway.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
Topgeezer said:
Don't know if i'm after something that doesn't exist but with white wheels the brake dust drives me crazy.

Anyone have any experience of cleaner wearing pads with as good performance as the Brembo OEM.

I only use the car on road with no track use so ultimate performance is not needed, just want clean wheels LOL. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S.
Cleaned the wheels yesterday (Iron X xthumbsup) then polished then sealed with Poorboys hoping that will make thing's easier :)
We can supply the DIXCEL M type pads they are specifically for low dust applications, additionally they will out perform the standard pads in every area..

Send us a PM or email, info@burnmotorsport.com if your are interested

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It's good mate but it won't stop your wheels getting covered in dust, it does however make them easier to clean! :)

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Thats exactly what i thought aswell tbh. tho to be fair my car gets washed / dusted down etc every time its driven so they never get a chance to get dirty

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
Crazylegs said:
Hi, did the image above not show?

The DIXCEL M type pads outperform the OEM pads and many fast road pads but their main USP is their ability to not create dust... Or much less of it anyway!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks.

I will bear this in mind when it comes to replacing my pads.

How much is it for front and rear pads for the DC5?

Thanks.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks.

I will bear this in mind when it comes to replacing my pads.

How much is it for front and rear pads for the DC5?

Thanks.
Think they have a special offer on for the fronts at the moment mate in another thread. Disc and pad combo for a reasonable price...includes fluid too I believe. I am considering it myself when mine are finished.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Yes I've seen the offer, looks decent to be fair but I don't have the cash to splash and as much as I dislike the standard brake setup they will have to do until they're worn.

Once they are I will be upgrading it for sure. Hoping to come into some more money soon and if so I will be getting a FRSU and hopefully an upgrade of the brakes, would love a really hi-spec 6 pot setup, something really aggressive as the Brembos are shockingly bad, lack total bite and I want something that bites instantly that will snap your neck when you stop.

On my old EK9 it had a conversion off a VTI Civic EG and to date they've been the best brakes I've ever had. I also had a 282mm Rover MG ZS conversion with ITR DC2 master cylinder on the CRX and they were brilliant too. Instant bite with zero fade.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
The kit on offer in the trader section has the ES pads notice M type. The ES are much less dusty but the M's are incredible I'm comparison. You can't get rid of dust but these get pretty close.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Or just opt for the tegiwa yellow speed big brake kit.....sooooooo much want! But supercharger must come first

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think you're better off investing in decent brakes and suspension rather than go for the quick and easy power route, you will probably find you'd outhandle and outbrake quicker cars on the road and track with a decent brake and suspension setup.

If it were me I'd rather spend my money that way.