Best HD TV for gaming?

Project

Advanced Member
Been doing alot of homework on HD-TV's, wanting to basically have one for my 360 and being used in the bedroom. My search came up with best size 26" and best manufacturer Samsung. But now on further inspection i've noticed that best viewing pleasure is with a TV that has 1080p which is full HD, but cant find one lower than 40" screen size which is way too big for gaming in the bedroom, also found that LCD is better than plasma.
Wondering what some of you guys are currently using for your gaming pleasure?
Size, make, HD ready or Full HD, LCD or Plasma, and if your happy with what your running

LeeH

Advanced Member
I've just bought a Samsung 32" and it superb 8)

I'm sure its 1080 but I'm not 100%

I bought the 360 elite too so I can connect HDMI :)

truffs

LCD isnt as good as plasma over a certain size which is 37". Go into a good shop and get a demo of a football match. watch it on on a 41". when the ball is kicked it looks as if its being dragged over the screen -LCD yet with the plasma its perfect.

Project

Advanced Member
Thanks for the input guys but got to remind you that its for the bedroom thats why I said LCD was better than plasma dont want anything close to 40" as no ones bedroom is the same size as their living room well I hope not :D I would say the biggest I would want to go is 32", 26" was the recommended size for bedroom gaming when I was hunting around.
LeeH would you be able to give me the code for your tv so I could check out the exact spec to see if it comes with full HD?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Project said:
Thanks for the input guys but got to remind you that its for the bedroom thats why I said LCD was better than plasma dont want anything close to 40" as no ones bedroom is the same size as their living room well I hope not :D I would say the biggest I would want to go is 32", 26" was the recommended size for bedroom gaming when I was hunting around.
LeeH would you be able to give me the code for your tv so I could check out the exact spec to see if it comes with full HD?
Yep, I'll dig it out later.

kingston

Advanced Member
go to avforums.com and look on there

lcd for gaming
plasma for normal def/tv

some shops wont have latest models in either and are sellin 'last years' stock

liktup

Advanced Member
I use a Samsung 32" LCD on my xbox 360 and its fantastic, allegedly samsung worked with Microsoft in creating an LCD which would work well with the console :)

Project

Advanced Member
I heard about this too, that since the Xbox first lauched that they had a deal with samsung to use their TV's when one was on display in a shop.
also have noticed that james how shops dont hold the latest models but act like they do.

LeeH

Advanced Member
LE32 R8

Specifications

Screen Size: 32"

Additional Feature
Freeview (iDTV): Yes
Movie Plus: Yes
Speaker Type (Hidden/Side/Array): Hidden
HDMI-CEC: Yes
HDMI Version (1.2/1.3): 1.2

Video
HD Ready: Yes
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Brightness: 550 cd/m2
Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 8,000:1
Response Time: 8ms
Viewing angle (H/V): 178/178
Colour Gamut (PAL): 100%
Wide Colour Enhancer: Yes
DNIeâ„¢: Yes

Audio
Sound Output (RMS): 10W X 2
Stereo Type: A2/NiCAM
Sound Effect system: SRS Trusurround

Feature
Sleep Timer: Yes
Clock & On/Off timer: Yes
Still Picture: Yes
Teletext (TTXT): 1.000 TXT
Auto Channel Search: Yes
Picture - in - Picture: 1 Tuner
Auto Power Off: Yes
OSD language: EU 21EA
Auto Volume Leveller: Yes
Game Mode: Yes

System
Colour system: EU Multi
Power: Free Volt

Input & Output (Side)
Headphone: 1
S-Video: 1
HDMI: 1
Composite, L/R: 1

Input & Output (Rear)
RF Input: 1
Component(Y/Pb/Pr): 1
Scart: 2
HDMI: 2
PC Input (D-sub): 1
Audio Out, L/R: 1
Optical sound out: 1
RS232C (for service only): 1

Cabinet
Swivel (left 20/right 20): Yes
Colour: White

Power
Operation power consumption: 150W
Stand-By power consumption:

kingston

Advanced Member
Dont want to burst your bubble but the latest is the F86 unless you got this one well cheap, id return it get a refund :wink:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
kingston said:
Dont want to burst your bubble but the latest is the F86 unless you got this one well cheap, id return it get a refund :wink:
who are you talking to??

Project

Advanced Member
Think I might go for the one you got LeeH, is it the R87 or R88, where did you buy yours from and how much?
Thanks

LeeH

Advanced Member
Project said:
Think I might go for the one you got LeeH, is it the R87 or R88, where did you buy yours from and how much?
Thanks
Got mine from Currys mate as a complete package, TV,HDD recorder, Theatre System, Stand and Xbox Elite. It was around £1700 irc.

andyd

Advanced Member
Pioneer LX508D

Its the only TV to own!

Pioneer make the best TV's end of!

Personally i wouldn't buy a Sammy.... I've not been very impressed with them.

Andy

JohnnyC

kingston said:
What's the difference?
Not wanting to spend an hour comparing stats, all I can see is it's £300 more and you get a USB slot :D