Best induction for DC5R

Chris_EK4

What induction kits have you seen good gains with. The gruppe M is the one that people shout about, but is it best? My friend has an injen long ram on his ep3 and made 254bhp with rbc setup.

what are peoples opinions thanks

Ezza

Advanced Member
It will be the Gruppe M or Aem Cai. But i would choose a Gruppe M all day long

beppe786

Beppe
Aem is 2.75" and injen is 3"

im looking for a injen as mine is charged.. Gruppem is expensive air flow is about the same

hydro-lock issue is there

Mark_teg

Staff member
I don't mean to sound rude, but come on...
This must be the most discussed topic on the forum. Plenty of information around.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
The best would be a custom set up with the filter located down by the bumper behind one of the brake ducts. A K&N filter with a 6" I/D (Internal Diameter) onto a velocity stack with a 3.5" I/D. 3.5" pipe work tapering down to the O/D (Outer Diameter) of the throttle body a few inches before the throttle body.

A lot of work, and a lot of money. If it were me, I'd be going to a custom exhaust company and getting them to build the pipe work as opposed to using lots of Samco (For example) hoses.

This sort of set up has been proven to make very good gains, even over the likes of a the Gruppe M/Tegiwa intake. Obviously it does run the risk of hydro locking but I ran a very similar intake on my EP3 with a duct right in front of the filter and used it as a daily and never once had any problem, even in torrential rain. Rain itself isn't a problem, nor is spray, but anything that will submerge the filter is. This is going to be circa 4" + of standing water, IMO its a slim chance of happening.

This is the set up I will be going for once I get my RRC fitted XD.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I've had an aem short arm, aem v2, Tegiwa m and an arc induction box.

Arc is the best by a long way 🔰👍

paul 16v

Advanced Member
jdmsteve said:
I've had an aem short arm, aem v2, Tegiwa m and an arc induction box.

Arc is the best by a long way
I've had a gruppe m and now i have a ARC and love it..

wj51fut

Advanced Member
As with ALL questions like this, the search bar is your friend. 👍

Don't mean to be rude mate but research goes along way. There is no definitive 'best' induction kit nor is there a 'best' exhaust etc. It's all personal preference. Like wheels for instance.

Adam