Best items for cleaning plastic interior

cameroon95

Advanced Member
As above,

I tried to give my interior a nice dusty but noticed that the dash is made of a different type of material and my duster left quite a lot of fabric.

Any suggestions on what type of cloth/ solution works best on the dc5 interior?

many thanks

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Microfibre cloth - bulk buy from Costco FTW. I'm sure someone will come along soon to comment on a good cleaning product.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I used the Autoglym interior cleaner spray on mine and it works perfectly well with a Microfibre cloth. I also got mine from Costco :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As above, Microfiber, you can get some cheap 'Kent Microfibers' from all sorts of outlets, but its deffo the way forward.

I now use a Meguiars Microfiber pad with their 'Ultimate Protectant - Trim & Dash Restorer' and a microfiber to wipe any excess. 8)

Leaves a perfect clean surface, not too shiny, no residue either. Ultimate Protectant can be used on all interior and exterior plastics! I use it on my Wipers! they look brand new 8)

I was also recommended these by CS&EVO, very good apparently! make sure you get the MATT ones. The Shiny/wet dashboard ones aren't my personal choice because the sun can really blind you otherwise!:

V7MAT

clean freak
I use AG rubber and vinyl with an applicator pad, wipe off with a microfibre. Done.

kingston

Advanced Member
Ignore all that expensive excremente, just use a multi-purpose floor cleaning wipes thats impregnated with anti-bacterial stuff (i use the Dettol ones as there massive) as it cleans everything and leaves no germs (did you see that Top Gear episode).

Ok, it wont smell as nice as Megs and others but who cares,

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Ignore all that expensive excremente, just use a multi-purpose floor cleaning wipes thats impregnated with anti-bacterial stuff (i use the Dettol ones as there massive) as it cleans everything and leaves no germs (did you see that Top Gear episode).

Ok, it wont smell as nice as Megs and others but who cares,

hmmm, not too sure anything containing bleach should be used on your interior plastics. tbh.

the dashboard wipes from armourall are excellent as they leave a matt finish just like oem, they seem to be very wet in use but leave no residue, my wife swears by them.

kingston

Advanced Member
hmmm, not too sure anything containing bleach should be used on your interior plastics. tbh.

the dashboard wipes from armourall are excellent as they leave a matt finish just like oem, they seem to be very wet in use but leave no residue, my wife swears by them.

Not sure what the 'ingredients' are but they're suitable for vinyl and sealed laminate floors, linoleum, glazed tiles and sealed wooden floors. Not suitable for fabric based items.

Been using them for quite a while now and had no detrimental effect/colour loss from using them and also leave a matte colour finish :xcheers:

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Microfibre cloth and sonus cockpit detailer, a little goes a long way so it lasts for ages:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/sonus-cockpit-detailer/prod_78.html

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Microfibre towel as they have already been de-linted and then Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer as you can spray this on any surface inside and it will not leave a greesy finish.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/373

\:D/

petie180

Advanced Member
Autoglym vinyl and rubber care works well on dashes an carpets etc I use it on pretty much everything and it's great if you ask me..