Best Machine Polisher??

kingston

Advanced Member
What rpm/setting number do people use for;
Cutting -
Polishing -
Finishing -

Was hoping it said in the instructions but no such luck. Ive noticed that P used speed 4 with the abrasive pad (did you notice that it says for orbitals only :-" ) but cant find anything else. :mellow:

P you said that on the back of the Megs it gives you a list of what speed for what, any chance you could post it up?

Thanks

pete-dc5

For cutting you want a cutting pad (hex logic orange) and use some ultimate compound or similar.
If you dont have many swirls to attack just use the white pad with the polish.

I then personally use the blue pad and add a sealant or glaze, this will help give a wet look and will fill any remaining swirl marks.

Most waxes are hand applied only but you can get liquid waxes like clearkote moose wax that can be applied by machine, its very good but isnt as durable as some synthetic waxes

Ive bought megs ultimate compound, crystal polish and carnaube wax.

So will i use the orange pad for the compound?

White pad for the crystal polish?

And do the wax by hand???

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
What rpm/setting number do people use for;
Cutting -
Polishing -
Finishing -

Was hoping it said in the instructions but no such luck. Ive noticed that P used speed 4 with the abrasive pad (did you notice that it says for orbitals only :-" ) but cant find anything else. :mellow:

P you said that on the back of the Megs it gives you a list of what speed for what, any chance you could post it up?

Thanks
No, I paid the extra for the speed settings [-(

:lol:

Here you go! Although I am sure it varies from machine to machine!

1-3: Wax/Polish
3-5: Swirl and Removal Cleaning
6: Use if you want to travel back in time and erase part of your life! :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
No, I paid the extra for the speed settings [-(

:lol:

Here you go! Although I am sure it varies from machine to machine!

1-3: Wax/Polish
3-5: Swirl and Removal Cleaning
6: Use if you want to travel back in time and erase part of your life! :lol:
Just think, the extra 70 quid you would have paid was for that lil sticker \:D/

kingston

Advanced Member
Ok few questions for you;
1. When applying the X pattern (as per you other post), does one X last the whole panel or would 2 X's be required.
2. Did it make your hands go numb?

I cant comment on sound as i wore ear plugs :-" but there is a noticeable difference when applying the extra gloss on speed 4 then 2/3 :oops:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ok few questions for you;
1. When applying the X pattern (as per you other post), does one X last the whole panel or would 2 X's be required.
2. Did it make your hands go numb?

I cant comment on sound as i wore ear plugs :-" but there is a noticeable difference when applying the extra gloss on speed 4 then 2/3 :oops:
1. Whole panel mate, easy.
2. Yes :lol: