Best oil filters for dc5?

sammy luy

Hello,

Just a quick post has anyone else used those k & n oil filters?

I purchased 3 of them and they great stuff! In the past ive used mugen oil filters and the smaller sized honda oil filter which suppose to reduce oil surging and keep pressure up but these k & n are the dogs.

Guys I can recommend them easily to anybody they also got a wrench nut on the top for easily removal so no special oil wrench needed go to k & n webby and check these sucka out!
===============================================

in reply to backing them up no offence taken m8ty, but pls read the bottom part of the message i said check out the webby on k&n and it tells all. first of all ive start using them and i found that taken them off yrslef is very easy there a nut on the top of the oil filter which does not take any special oil wrench to take off. as anyone who has tried to take the oem or hamp filters off yrslef sometimes it can be a pain in the ass ! the k & n oil filter do come with a special nut on the top which takes a normal wrench to get it off which i can from exp. that it does make it a lot easier to DIY . as for the construction of these filters they are quality stuff used mugen filters and hamp ones in the past and now ive tried these and comparing things the constructions on the k & n are very nice indeed thicker metal coatings and smaller and they do have a pressure valve inside to keep pressure of oil up whilst driving. when i got my dc5 imported it did come with many gauges and it does has a oil pressure & temp gauges etc so doing a genral comparison the oilk pressure does stay more constant when driving hard and corning etc.

but dont take my word for it look at the webby or better still get 1 to try out m8ty

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
I used HAMP ones on the EP3 & will do again on the DC5 next month.

But thanks for the heads up :wink:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Can you back up your statements with facts please?

Personally I've never heard a bad thing about the OEM filter :?

As for the HAMP filter, at least there is some form of explanation why it is *supposed* to work better then the stock one.

So, how do you know the the K&N ones are the "dogs"?

Not weeing on your fire or anything, please don't take this the wrong way.

mikegsi

Staff member
hamp filters all the way for me, i have about 10 of them in me garage for future use!!

JCW

Advanced Member
HAMP ones for me @ £8 each can't go wrong imho, unless i struggle to get the bugger back off then i might look at these k&n's for next time :D