Best pad to use

geeman360

Advanced Member
Hi guys.

After one year of ownership I have decided to get off my a*ss and do a full detail to the car.

I slowly fell out of love for cars in general.

Decided to buy the full detailing kit and now I'm waiting for decent weather so I can start.

Only problem is that I'm not too sure which chemical guys hex logic pad I should be using.
I keep hearing about the dc5s paint. Some say it's hard but thin, others say it's typical soft jap paint.

So it's kind of baffled me.

I have the Orange, green and black hex logic pads.

Which pad do you think will do the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just had mine detailed and the detailer says it's a very soft sticky paint, not the easiest to work with.

Adrianmc

I just gave my arctic blue dc5 a full detail about a month ago.
I used an orange hexlogic pad with some medium cut menzerna polish on a DA machine and it worked a treat...came up like a mirror and no need to use a finishing polish! Just make sure to spray water on the pad each time u apply polish!

geeman360

Advanced Member
Adrianmc said:
I just gave my arctic blue dc5 a full detail about a month ago.
I used an orange hexlogic pad with some medium cut menzerna polish on a DA machine and it worked a treat...came up like a mirror and no need to use a finishing polish! Just make sure to spray water on the pad each time u apply polish!
Thanks for the information mate.

I asked another fellow dc5 owner who's wuite abit of a detailer himself and he said the same thing.

I'll test the Orange pad on a small section and see how it comes out.

Adrianmc

geeman360 said:
Thanks for the information mate.

I asked another fellow dc5 owner who's wuite abit of a detailer himself and he said the same thing.

I'll test the Orange pad on a small section and see how it comes out.

Rom

Advanced Member
Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to remember. I know black is softest that you listed. I think orange is hardest.

I use black on mine glazes and the like. When I first got it, I'm pretty sure it was green i used with Megs 105 and white with Megs 205.
The black I use with Diamond White, ultrafinesse, that kind if stuff.

The paint t is very thin, and quite soft. Average readings on mine for thickness were about 70. That's about half as thick as oem VW etc.

If you have a da, it's a lot safer than a rotary.
Just don't press to hard, stay still too long, and be very very careful around d edges of panels, doors handles, swage lines etc. As the paint is even thinner there.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk