best place for brand new headlights?

scholey25

hi guys

i have decided after a couple of failed attempts at bringing my headlights up to standard that i would rather just do the job properly and buy some nice new fresh ones :)

i am wondering what peoples thoughts are as to where the best place is to get them though?

hendy parts have them listed on ebay brand new for £330 delivered which i thought seemed a good price but just wanted to double check before taking the plunge

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC5-OEM-HID-Replacement-Pair-of-Head-Lights-/200834527711?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec2abb1df

thanks

martinj46

Advanced Member
Most people have got theirs from Dave at Steels Honda.

That's where I'll be getting mine when the time comes

martinj46

Advanced Member
Not a clue. Porthos will be here soon though, I'm sure they are just above the £300 mark

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
£350 a set would be amazing, i thing more like £350 each, s2000 ones are £450 each unit, totally empty too.

Tom at Meguiars has a company locally to him that refurbish plastic lights, by flatting them and relaquering them so the UV proofness ( new word?) is restored. i think they charged something like £50 per light,

if you can hang on for a week, i will ask him but he has just gone skiing . if you fancy having it done or finding out more, send me a pm in a week to remind me and i will et the info

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
£350 a set would be amazing, i thing more like £350 each, s2000 ones are £450 each unit, totally empty too.
Got my receipt in hand £344.52 for the set delivered (empty as you say no bulbs ballasts ignitor s etc).

Gordon

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
wow, thats a really good price, we wanted to replace the s2000 ones but they were more than that each, which doesnt make sense.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
C&S Evo7 said:
wow, thats a really good price, we wanted to replace the s2000 ones but they were more than that each, which doesnt make sense.
Dude you helped me fit mine and I told you they were £350 for the pair..... you were shocked then, lol

Senior moment! lol.

But yes, Dave Steels sells them at about £350 a pair, that's where I got mine.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I have a 2nd hand headlight in pretty much perfect condition in the for sale section

Josh16v

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
any updates on this mate?
Quite a few people (including myself) are after a new headlight / pair of. Maybe some sort of group buy with discount could be arranged?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Id be in for that? More sets more discount?

Ill maybe look into it with a mate who works in honda

scholey25

Yeah thats where i ended up getting mine from Dave7368 :)

They arrived today and they are perfect!

Will get some pics up when I have fitted them this weekend