Best Place/Price for OEM Discs

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
I will be due new discs soon, but there is no way I will be replacing the buddyclub discs which are on for the price they cost.
Where is best / cheapest for OEM Brembo or OEM equivilent discs?

Or any other discs which worth an extra few dollar?

My driving is short trips to work, b-road blasts and a track day every other month or so.
Not wanting to be paying over £160ish for discs in an ideal world. Pads are likely to be EBC Yellowstuff or the Bluestuff, not putting DS2500s in after trying some. Thought they were no better than the EBCs and cost me a lot more to buy than the EBC.

OEM pagids would do but EuroCarParts don't seem to have the correct dimensions listed.

I have managed to get a price on MTEC brakes (drilled/grooved/plain are all teh same price) at £137 delivered. They are what freakparts supplies with their Wilwood 4pot kits for the DC2 and EK9.

Recommendations welcome :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
Ring Dave @ steels Honda for discs, though having track days that often I surprised you don't want uprated.
Also surprised you prefer the EBCs as I don't rate them at all.

Braided lines and new/uprated fluid?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Good thanks. Not a major difference really, require a bit more heat to work properly but then they have a sharper bite.
They've highlighted that I need a fluid change.
Not sure they're worth double the price of OEM though, unless you frequent track days (IMO).

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Ring Dave @ steels Honda for discs, though having track days that often I surprised you don't want uprated.
Also surprised you prefer the EBCs as I don't rate them at all.

Braided lines and new/uprated fluid?
I have ran EBC Yellowstuff for years, although they feel a bit wooden compared to the Ferodos, there was zero difference noticed in braking performance on track. Bluestuff > DS2500 with the Yellows on par with them imo Bluestuff has a nice sharp bite to them but not classed as road legal ;)

Each to their own though with things like that. I get the EBC yellows at £65 posted as apposed to the ds2500 at £110 i think they were, also the i found the life of the ferodo a lot less. Blues i think are around £75 for the DC5.

With discs, ran uprated on previous cars in the past, noticed no difference tbh so went back to OEM. Currently have the buddyclub discs with bell housing on my teg, don't rate them at all.

i have braided lines and i run ATE SuperBlue brake fluid.

I will try honda for a price on discs, if not I will give the MTECH a shot, i have a choice of drilled/dimpled/grooved or a combination but i will probably go for the plain ones. EK9 / DC2 lot have never had any complaints.

I used to just run pagid oem with yellow or bluestuff pads and did a trackday or two a month lol discs lasted ages would go through pads fairly fast though :)

rascal69

Advanced Member
Mtec only list grooved and drilled discs on there site for dc5.
Fronts are £154
Rears are £129