Best Place to Sell a DC5

Lauren

Advanced Member
I've decided that I will be putting my car up for sale soon as I just don't use it enough. I've just received a promotion at work to a completely new role that I have never done before, and have 2 big exams coming up, so really don't have the time to worry and stress about tyre kickers and time wasters (I know there's always one!). I know that Gumtree is a definite no-go, but where is a good place to advertise the DC5?
I'm thinking about buying a CRZ or Jazz to use as a daily, and 'promote' my EG SIR to being a weekend car- rather than the DC5 being my weekend car which is only used when the sun is out! So my other option is to trade it in, has anyone traded theirs in before? How much do they usually quote? I'm a bit wary about this option to be honest.

Thanks.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Do NOT trade it in. You will lose your a$$ on it. Or if you go that route you need to put it back to standard and sell all your parts seperately.

CRZ's are lush

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Return car back to standard and sell the car standard is best way to make your money back and selling it on this forum is best imo :)

Ezza

Advanced Member
My car eventually sold on eBay. The buyer messaged me and viewed it all outside of eBay and left a deposit that night.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
This forum is THE BEST place IMO :)

Should gain lots of interest, especially with the mf10s!
There is no way in hell that I will let her sell that car with those wheels still on it haha.

Lauren

Advanced Member
Not sure what to do about the MF10s, there's no need to keep them 'just in case' I ever buy another DC5. But then, if I was to end up getting a CRZ I'm sure they're the same stud pattern.

Lauren

Advanced Member
:) always open to offers Dan. It's one less thing for me to worry about sorting that way.
Feeling a bit stressed what with work and doing a masters equivalent at the same time :(

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'd say here and pistonheads. There are a lot of owners who never use this site so you'll have a wider audience that way. Could do autotrader as well but I think it's about £30 to use them. I've seen some very clean examples on there in the past.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Lauren said:
Not sure what to do about the MF10s, there's no need to keep them 'just in case' I ever buy another DC5. But then, if I was to end up getting a CRZ I'm sure they're the same stud pattern.
yeh but no where near wide enough for the crz huge wheelarches , still better than the stock rims tho.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I would also advertise on the type r forum, civic owners forum as well as here. Lots of Honda owners on all those sites looking to upgrade from an EP3 to a DC5.

Rom

Advanced Member
FIrstly, i dont know you, or your car, this is just general opinion :)

Forums are a great place if the car is tidy, has history on the forum, build threads etc etc.

But id also use PistonHeads, i usually give that a week or so, then hit Auto Trader, and Gum Tree. Many sites link from Gum Tree, and ive bought cars that ive found on Gum Tree. So i wouldnt just rule them out myself.
A lot does depend on the car, obviously a DC5 is quite niche. Id say the more exposure the better.

Good luck

Mark_teg

Staff member
Rom said:
FIrstly, i dont know you, or your car, this is just general opinion :)

Forums are a great place if the car is tidy, has history on the forum, build threads etc etc.

But id also use PistonHeads, i usually give that a week or so, then hit Auto Trader, and Gum Tree. Many sites link from Gum Tree, and ive bought cars that ive found on Gum Tree. So i wouldnt just rule them out myself.
A lot does depend on the car, obviously a DC5 is quite niche. Id say the more exposure the better.

Good luck
I agree with you on most points Rom, but I strongly advise against advertising on Gumtree!

Full of chavs and time wasters, "I gve u 4 grand 2mrw" etc, despite never even seeing the car!!! I know their money is as good as anybody's, but I'd rather trade it in for £3k than sell it to that type!..

Rom

Advanced Member
Your right Mark, you do get those i guess.

Got that to look forward too soon i guess when i sell my Audi in preparation for the arrival of the teg :)

ste01

Advanced Member
Pistonheads or Autotrader is where I'd go. You get a wider audience and have the added traffic from google. I don't think this forum is the best option, as to look at adverts on the forum you have to be a member...where most of the people looking will already have a integra. Yeah it wouldn't do any harm to have a quick forum advert as it's free but I wouldn't do that alone.

Not sure why there is a problem with selling to a "chav" type though....preferring to trade in for £3k instead of selling at a good price to someone who you judge to be a chav/idiot....really?! Wow