Best Place to Sell a DC5

dotty

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Pistonheads or Autotrader is where I'd go. You get a wider audience and have the added traffic from google. I don't think this forum is the best option, as to look at adverts on the forum you have to be a member...where most of the people looking will already have a integra. Yeah it wouldn't do any harm to have a quick forum advert as it's free but I wouldn't do that alone.

Not sure why there is a problem with selling to a "chav" type though....preferring to trade in for £3k instead of selling at a good price to someone who you judge to be a chav/idiot....really?! Wow
You have to be a member to post an advert but many guests (non-members) are constantly browsing the classifieds.

ste01

Advanced Member
Learn something every day! Didn't realise the classified ads bit from the tab at the top was open to guests...how come most people don't post their cars there instead of the locked members only for sale bit? I assumed people were talking about the members/private for sale section anyway as it's where most members seem to start threads to sell their cars.

dotty

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Learn something every day! Didn't realise the classified ads bit from the tab at the top was open to guests...how come most people don't post their cars there instead of the locked members only for sale bit? I assumed people were talking about the members/private for sale section anyway as it's where most members seem to start threads to sell their cars.
Guests can view the forum section too.

Lauren

Advanced Member
Thank you for your advice everyone, I think I'll go down the route of forums and autotrader first.
I put my old car on gumtree and had nothing but messages with low offers- just people trying their luck. I didn't mind answering at first but then it got a bit tedious declining them all!

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
PistonHeads is cheap and I've got a decent amount of interest, I'd try eBay before AutoTrader

Lauren

Advanced Member
Re: everyone who has messaged me about the MF10s (thank you) but I'm going to wait until June before I sell them so please drop me a message then.
Thanks.

jambo

Advanced Member
Sorry to see your selling up Lauren. The teg looks awesome on the way back from mimms. I'm sure you will have no problem selling it. I'm in the same boat. Never using the teg so thinking of selling up again to concentrate on the k20 eg

Lauren

Advanced Member
Thanks :) Sorry we went the other way last minute, I fancied a mcdonalds and coffee! It was nice having a CW DC5 buddy.
Can't believe you haven't touched the eg in so long, you really need to get started again on it. Especially as the teg needs nothing doing to it so use the time wisely!

jambo

Advanced Member
I'm too picky. That's why it's taking so long. Will be worth the wait I hope.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Sold my s2000 on pistonheads and prior to that sold my ep3 in gumtree.

Yet they were both up for sale on auto trader and eBay which both cost me money...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Can I asked why not Gumtree? I've sold my last three through there within a week and for exactly how much I wanted.

People make a big deal about time wasters but just text them back and tell them to fuck off. Genuine people don't always ring either my last 2 were sold via Text Message.