Best way to go low.

will88

I know this gets asked alot as ive already searched but... which is the best way to go really low? I see the eibach sportlines get good reviews as do tanabe's for going low. But what drop will these achieve? Im after 50mm ideally i think. Is it better to just buy coilovers or will these go just the same lowness?
Pics would be great and might be worth setting up a thread with just pics of your lowerd dc5 just for people to look at rather than people putting threads up all the time?

Cheers, Will.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Coilovers for a big drop.

If you want road comfort (with coilovers), I would always recommend from experience the Eibach Pro Street S coilovers (there's a reason why they're called pro street). Dave c also has these and runs at least a 50mm drop on his car.
They are however circa £1200 in today's prices...
I'm sure other members will no doubt chime in with what works for them.

will88

Comforts not a massive issue tbh as its only a weekend car that doesnt get much use. £1200 tho....ouch!!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
If your not really worried about ride quality you'd probably get coilovers kits in the £600 region new or you could try and pick up a set of used ones. The only thing I'd say is even though the harshness might not worry you your car won't eat through B roads or similar like it does on standard suspension. Softer suspension on anything other than a track will make the car perform far better. Problem with my coilovers at the moment is they are so stiff, if you were to put any power down on bendy roads the wheels spend half the time not being in contact with the road while your bouncing all over the place!

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Anything over -30mm, just go for coilovers - spend the money once, it'll be much cheaper than buying sprigns only do discover the following:

- You see many springs advertising -50mm and -40mm drops, but they rarely give a true drop of that much.. at most you'll get -35mm... and annoyingly on the DC5, the rear ends up lower than the back.. seen that happen so many times.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
i bought XYZ coilovers! cost £600 new and i am able to adjust the dampening etc, great peice of kit for the price considering i paid £1100 for tein coilovers for my glanza and they didnt have this option!

my 2 pence

George K

Advanced Member
If you go too low you will end up with a lack of bump travel, you will risk hitting the bump stops when cornering - then the handling turns to rubbish. This even applies to circuit work - amazing how badly saloon cars can handle if this happens - talking about seconds per lap.