best wheel cleaners?

brucey87

Advanced Member
got white wheels but they are a real pain in the anus to keep clean! anyone use any good stuff to keep dirt and brake dust off them? or so they clean easyer?

cup_66

Advanced Member
i wouldnt mind a good wheel cleaner either! havent cleaned mine in over a month in this horrid weather, tackled it today and my wheels are still black :(

chrisr111

An alkali can be as caustic as a acid.

When I was a lad we used to use caustic soda (sodium hydroxide, NaOH) to strip the anodising off bicycle alloy rims, needed to be careful not to damage the aluminium......

Chris.

MartinP

If there is any chance in uk you can get Lahegas product, the no46 is the best wheelcleaner there is.

I have had alot of white wheels and this is the only product that works.

note: Have the wheels dry before applicate the product and dont have it on for to long, it takes away the paint after a while aswell.

Trust me, this is the best there is

cost about 70 SEK (~6,5euros) for 2.5liters

http://www.lahega.com/

jambo

Advanced Member
i use bilberry wheel cleaner and get on with it really well. If the muc is proper grimed on you may have to use a acidic based product to remove it but be very carefull to the concentrate you use.

I have all ways used poorboys wheel sealent once they are spotless. Very good product and prevents muc and brake dust sticking to the paint and seems to last for a long while. £12.22 from elite car care. Top company, the products are all ways on time and arrive the following day.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/wheels.ph ... 30&&page=2

For some more indepth cleaning guide on what to use check out http://www.detailingworld.co.uk really helpfull people on the site.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I've started using Innotec Inno-x on my wheels since having the car professionally cleaned and sealed, it's what they recommended... I must say it's certainly doing the job so far! You only have to show warm water to the dirt/brake dust, and it falls off! 8)

The Aerosol can it comes in leaves a little to be desired though, 1/10 for the design... :lol:

Linky... http://www.valetshop.co.uk/manufacturer ... -500ml.htm

logik

Advanced Member
I use Auto Glym Custom cleaner because its not acidic based. The Auto Glym Acid based one will damage the paint over time.

jay82

Advanced Member
best thing i did was buy a second set and powered coated them black for the winter :lol:

brucey87

Advanced Member
only reason im asking is because my old wheel cleaner is now pregnant (the misses) she thinks shes disabled and wont lift a finger. :(
now i have to do it myself i just want to make it easier and get them gleeming. :wink:

locky

billbury is good as said

also get a good wheel wax or selent put a few coats of that on and the dirt will hardly stick to it

mark type r

Advanced Member
Ive just used Muc Off and im not impressed. Ive still got loads of black on my wheels! :roll:

Best ive found so far is Simoniz but i cant remember the exact name. I know its a black bottle.

Newty

Advanced Member
I've used Muc Off for a while...the kit you can get is spot on with all the brushes, sponges and sealant.

Never had an issue with it, and if you use the sealant, the next clean is definately easier as the muck just slips off.

logik

Advanced Member
Another note, when you do clean them, hit them with a good wheel sealer like Auto Glym. Keeps them fresh looking for longer and very easy to clean again.

Apply the sealer once a month. If you wash the car once a week like me then 1 seal per 4 washes for the year.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
i used wonder wheels when i had the citroen C2 GT, does wonders for the white wheels. However, u need to keep at it as once its baked on, its hard to remove stubborn dust... i also combined it with a soft non stick pan scouring pad (not the brillo stuff)

whats the name for the auto glym wheel sealer? im looking for a good wheel wax/sealer.