Best wheel cleaners???

omadc5

Advanced Member
Due to all the salt on the roads lately my rims are a mess, tried different cleaners n cant seem to shift the stubborn dirt, a wheel refurb cud be in the pipeline :?

Type_R6

Advanced Member
Ive always used meguiars hot rims all wheel cleaner, my previous cars had white wheels and it cleaned them brilliantly. What i do is clay them and polish every 6 months to get a form of protection on them :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Megs Wheel brightener and megs superdegreaser should shift anything you have on your wheels..... but it will take off wax if you have it on there.... if not use them and get some wax on there.

AC

Advanced Member
will it remove the black stains from the brake dust as well? (The megs stuff)?

I've also tried all kinds of wheel cleaners with really no success :xconfused:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
The trick is to keep on top of them. ie:Clean them regularly. Had mine painted two years ago and scrub them every week.

They still look brand new. :green:

jammy84

Advanced Member
the best stuff by far is diablo wheel cleaner (chemical guys)

get it from carwashnwax.com

black teg

i use bilberry wheel cleaner, spray on and leave for 10 minutes then rinse off ,
then use chemical guys wheel Guard to seal and protect 8)

I've found by using these two products every 6 - 8 weeks the wheels look amazing and have a glossy shine :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
Megs Wheel Brightener for me 8)

It works out good very good value, just remember to buy the applicator bottle too.

Edy

Advanced Member
Bilberry is very good, as is Auto Glym Custom wheel Cleaner..It is a non acidic cleaner, so kinder on your rims..

Chemical Guys wheel Guard is a must for an additional protective layer :wink:

redcap

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
Bilberry for me too. Great stuff!

Yep, me too, very good stuff, you can use it neat or watered down dependant on how dirty the wheels are. Best to keep on top of it, also use a sealant and/or spray on repelant.