Big thanks to Unit 8

Judley

Advanced Member
Well I bought my CW DC5 last Friday and have really enjoyed it for the last week. As is the norm with me, I can't help but tweak what is already there so I booked the car into Unit 8 for front and rear camber kits, fast road geometry, Spoon front and rear tie bars, braided brakelines, DS2500 pads and Castrol SRF fluid. The car already has a Mugen airbox, Toda manifold, Mugen twinloop, Mugen N1 ECU and Mugen sports dampers/springs and as it is going to the track tomorrow, I thought it needed a bit of stiffening and help with slowing down :eek:

Anyhoo, I contacted Stevie at Unit 8 over the Bank Holiday and he managed to squeeze me in at short notice today and gave me some solid advice as I am new to the DC5. I must admit, it's nice to be greeted with a smile, a cup of tea and clean, well presented premises and, after exchanging pleasantries and discussing the car, Mark got to work. I came back a couple of hours later and the finishing touches were being applied to the geometry. Mark and Stevie were happy to listen to my dumbass questions about the car and are clearly very knowledgeable about this model.

The bill was exactly what was quoted and very reasonable in my mind and the guys even gave me a little top up of oil gratis. All in all a very pleasant experience. I drove the car back through some interesting backroads (Skipton, Harrogate etc.) and the car felt alive. A little more jittery on the straight (which I attribute to less flex in the chassis) but not unsettling. However, piling into fast, sweeping bends it was absolutely dynamite and the suspension set up just inspired confidence (even when I overcooked it over a blind brow with a hairpin)! This was when the new brakes showed their worth and on first impression are a vast improvement over the previous setup of Brembo pads and standard brakelines and fluid.

To summarise, an excellent service and very professional organisation =D> =D> =D>

George

vtecz

Advanced Member
Steve and Mark are top lads, both know their stuff. They wont try selling you stuff you dont need and always give great advice, wouldnt take mine anywhere else :D

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Judley said:
Well I bought my CW DC5 last Friday and have really enjoyed it for the last week. As is the norm with me, I can't help but tweak what is already there so I booked the car into Unit 8 for front and rear camber kits, fast road geometry, Spoon front and rear tie bars, braided brakelines, DS2500 pads and Castrol SRF fluid. The car already has a Mugen airbox, Toda manifold, Mugen twinloop, Mugen N1 ECU and Mugen sports dampers/springs and as it is going to the track tomorrow, I thought it needed a bit of stiffening and help with slowing down :eek:

Anyhoo, I contacted Stevie at Unit 8 over the Bank Holiday and he managed to squeeze me in at short notice today and gave me some solid advice as I am new to the DC5. I must admit, it's nice to be greeted with a smile, a cup of tea and clean, well presented premises and, after exchanging pleasantries and discussing the car, Mark got to work. I came back a couple of hours later and the finishing touches were being applied to the geometry. Mark and Stevie were happy to listen to my dumbass questions about the car and are clearly very knowledgeable about this model.

The bill was exactly what was quoted and very reasonable in my mind and the guys even gave me a little top up of oil gratis. All in all a very pleasant experience. I drove the car back through some interesting backroads (Skipton, Harrogate etc.) and the car felt alive. A little more jittery on the straight (which I attribute to less flex in the chassis) but not unsettling. However, piling into fast, sweeping bends it was absolutely dynamite and the suspension set up just inspired confidence (even when I overcooked it over a blind brow with a hairpin)! This was when the new brakes showed their worth and on first impression are a vast improvement over the previous setup of Brembo pads and standard brakelines and fluid.

To summarise, an excellent service and very professional organisation =D> =D> =D>

George
Thanks so much George, really appreciate you taking the time mate. See you soon :)

Stevie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
vtecz said:
Steve and Mark are top lads, both know their stuff. They wont try selling you stuff you dont need and always give great advice, wouldnt take mine anywhere else :D
Nice one mate, feedback like this is invaluable :D

Judley

Advanced Member
And moving swiftly along to the next stage of evolution, we have the following items being fitted on Thursday at Unit 8 8)

Buddyclub racing spec coilovers
Spoon rear brace
Spoon front brace
Buddyclub shortshifter
Buddyclub roll centre adjuster
Drop-in sump baffle kit
Gearbox mount set
Oil change with Silkolene Pro S 5w40
Filter change with Hamp filter
Mugen airbox service/clean

Geometry will be set more aggressively and the car now runs on a slightly wider track as I am using CTR wheels with 45 ET. Looking forward to Saturday night at the track :evil: :evil:

Judley

Advanced Member
vtecz said:
Impressive setup there mate =~
Cheers buddy :D Forgot to add the Tegiwa brake stopper as well. Looking forward to a trip to the Dentist after the coilovers are fitted :shock: :green:

Judley

Advanced Member
So got all the gear below fitted last week and took the car to the track on Saturday for a shakedown session 8)

Buddyclub racing spec coilovers
Spoon rear brace
Spoon front brace
Buddyclub shortshifter
Buddyclub roll centre adjuster
Drop-in sump baffle kit
Gearbox mount set
Oil change with Silkolene Pro S 5w40
Filter change with Hamp filter
Mugen airbox service/clean

First of all, the gearchange is very much improved with a much shorter, quicker and more positive shift. An excellent mod :green: As far as the suspension work is concerned it is working extremely well on road and track. The car has now been dropped about 25mm and we have 2 degrees camber front and 1.5 degrees on the rear. Overall, it feels much more planted and was hilarious when we got to track and I screwed it all the way to hard front and rear. The car just bounced around my lumpy track and I had to soften it back about 4 clicks :lol: Some feedback for Buddclub would be to spend a few more seconds in manufacturing and put hard/soft markings on the clicker unit :xrealangry: I know it's petty but would finish off the product better IMO.

To sum up, there isn't much else to do to the car now (unless I find a charger) :twisted: and the service and hospitality from the Unit 8 team was first class as usual.

Thanks again guys :D

George

Judley

Advanced Member
vtecz said:
Any pics :green:
You just want to see the Orange wheels :green: Will have to get some sorted in the next week or two and get them posted on here 8)