Big Weekend for me!!! picture of JRSC

herts62

Yes its time to fit my Jackson Racing supercharger :D I have waited for 2 months now to get my replacement DC5 and now its here. Fitting the street version this weekend and doing the race version as soon as Doug at Hondata sends me the upgrade (next week I hope) then he is bringing a Jackson racing header over in December and dynoing it for me :D Looking for 280+bhp and getting Race Logic traction control with Launch control fitted first week of December. I will keep you guys updated on how it all goes and will post picture too :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Good luck mate :wink:

Hope it all goes well, let us lot know how it goes :lol:

Doug offered me the upgrade, if only I had been a few more years older and in two years away, may have considered it :cry:

Hope you get the 1/4 mile times you want mate

Mike

herts62

Its fitted! took 10 hours in the pissing rain but its done. Got to wait until tommorrow for the 440cc injectors and Hondata ECU to arrive and I will be laughing. It feels very fast now so god only knows what it will feel like by next weekend, pity the weather is so poor. will post pics soon :D

Trung

Advanced Member
What is it like to drive now? :eek:
Do you still get the VTEC feel?

Gimme a ride now :twisted: :wink:

herts62

Traction is a problem at the moment but that will be sorted soon and at the moment I can still tell when I am in vtec but as soon as I gat the upgrade kit the ECU will be throttle dependent (vtec @4000rpm if over 75% throttle or 5200 if less) so I guess I won't feel it then. I am more than likely going to the Hatfield meet on the 7th Dec, if you are there you can feel it for yourself :D

izerosll

Hey bro congrats. on getting the JRSC, but be cautious on the belts. Here in the USA we have the JRSC available for the RSX type S. And many people have been having problems with the kit. The belt near the headlight might start snapping due to it hitting the plastic clip near the front. I'm just trying to warn you about the problems that might occur. Since you are not from the states getting replacement belts might take a long time to get to you. I would recommend buying a few spare belts just in case. There were one individual from www.clubrsx.com that had installed the JRSC and had this problem over and over. So that is why I am warning you ahead of time.

As for the JR header, that is a very well built header. You may also want to look into Comptech's Race header which has been dyno'd for 18-20 whp with the header alone. Here is a pictue of the comptech race header.

Go to www.comptechusa.com for further pictures.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi Herts, engine's looking cool. Are you the guy who bought the engine damper from us? (www.funkyproduct.co.uk)
Got one on my car too but find it makes a bit of vibration noise inside the car - did you find this too?

herts62

FunkyProduct said:
Hi Herts, engine's looking cool. Are you the guy who bought the engine damper from us? (www.funkyproduct.co.uk)
Got one on my car too but find it makes a bit of vibration noise inside the car - did you find this too?
Yes thats me, and yes there is a lot of vibration but it feels cool, like a go kart.
My CAI is here but have not had time to fit it yet, but thanks for a good service :D (extra 10% discount for the plug :wink: )

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Cool, glad you got everything now. Post up a pic when you get the intake on too :)
10%??? we already gave you a deal! :lol:
Cheers!
Chris

Texas-R

Hi to all, I'm new to ITR Forum! :D Glad to see "herts62" has some JRSC experiance as I have a new race version JRSC for an RSX-S and am installing it on a '02 JDM ITR which will arrive in 30 days. :twisted:
Really need help with any info on setup of Hondata ECU, Hondata has profiles for stock TypeR but not for supercharged version. Will have datalogger and G-Force options on Hondata. Also info on any other problems with installation.
Are U.K. K20-A's same as JDM? If so, need an assist obtaining a Helms(shop manual)from the U.K. for '02 ITR as it's not available in U.S. (I would pay cost+shipping and if you need something from here across the pond, please let me know and I will return the favor).
This car is a left-hand drive conversion also, so hope there won't be a problem with re-located clutch or P.Steering interfering with 'charger.
Mods I'm considering are; Hondata intake manifold gasket, Mugen motor mounts, Comptech airbox, followed later with cooling system upgrade. Thanks!

herts62

I tried OZ but still could not get a manual.as for your install ,I can't see any problems as the RSX has all its components in the same place as an ITR and I don't think they will move any of the engine components during the conversion. You will need the programmable ECU from Doug @ Hondata (mine will be here very shortly) and I think you will need a race header too. I don't know what the Comptech air box is like but I have an Injen CAI. Hope all goes well, keep us informed.

BoostedK20A

I have JRSC on my K20A as well Im only pushing 6.3 PSI.

I wanna upgrade soon. But still worried about blowing my motor.

Heres a pic:

T666YPR

Hi chap,Herts sold his car a while back.

Sharpey,MJtypeR and kaz6160 are members I know of who are running the JRSC if you need to speak to someone about it. :)

HTH