Bigger brakes, under stock alloys

Humm

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if such thing exists? I know the Stoptech's fit under standard EP3 wheels on an EP3, but no one seems to know on the DC5?

Thanks in advance Chris

Rob.

Advanced Member
Use Tarox 6 pots with 320mm discs on the race car, they fit under OEM wheels no probs

Humm

Advanced Member
Rob is this an off the shelf kit?

I've found it! Nearly fell off my chair on the price though :/

integraleo

Advanced Member
I'm personally going to be looking at the yellowspeed 6 pot with 320mm discs. I've heard they need spacers to fit but at less than a grand good value for money

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys. No offence like but Yellowspeed and Stoptech are no marque names. And some baulk when they see the prices of the likes of Tarox, AP and Brembo. It's because they've been around for so long. DON'T scrimp on your brakes people you'll only end up regretting it.

Humm

Advanced Member
Mmm the Yellow speeds don't interest me, they look too much like all the ones you see on ebay. Which leads me to question there quality.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The first I've ever heard of them is on here and I've been into motors the best part of twenty years. Honestly, don't waste your money. If you're going to get decent brakes save and get the likes of what Rob has got. Tarox or AP.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Read several reviews of yellowspeed and all good so far. It's all very well saying buy a named brand but we have 4 pot Brembos on our cars that quite frankly are shockingly bad! Had 10 x the brake feel with single pot standard brakes on dc2. The Brembos feel numb. Even with braided lines,brake stopper,top quality brake fluid and decent pads and still not great.

Rob.

Advanced Member
Humm said:
Rob is this an off the shelf kit?

I've found it! Nearly fell off my chair on the price though :/
Yes they are pretty much available off the shelf, they are a lot more than when I got mine but isn't everything over the last 5 years or so !

Mine get a lot of abuse been on a racecar and can't fault them at all..

AP and K Sport callipers don't fit behind OEM wheels either if that helps

Humm

Advanced Member
Thanks Rob for the advice on the AP's and K Sport. I'm gonna try hi-spec as there local to me see if they will do a custom setup!