Bigger injectors and fuel pump?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
What's the story with upgrading these on the Teg? Are there any offerings out there worth looking at? Anyone have any experience with the above?

Evs

Advanced Member
No need unless you've got mods (cams, ITBs) that mean you have to run a very high injector duty cycle (>80%) with the OEM injectors. If the OEM ones flow enough fuel at reasonable duty cycle then keep them, as you don't really want them any bigger than they need to be. And you don't want to spend money just replacing them for the sake of it, do you?

...or do you? :wink: :lol:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
not at all - the less I have to spend on the car the better. to be honest, i'm just thinking about nailing it once and for all and you hear stuff from people telling you to put on bigger injectors etc to gain more power. thanks for the info Evs - yet again a fountain of knowledge. :xnworthy: :xcheers:

Evs

Advanced Member
No probs mate I was just taking the p*** - you seem to be asking about everything atm, been wondering if you've won the lottery! :lol:

This is one of those things that you might need or not dependent on how far you go with the tuning. What's the plan atm then, did you speak to System-R?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
no worries Evs - I know I'm asking about practically everything at the mo, but that's cause i want to get it running like a little NA animal for the nurburgring in September! :D most definately didn't win the lotto either (must remember to check euromillions later lol) and as such everything is on the proverbial long finger until i do the car!

I spoke to Paul in System-R - real sound chap I must say. Straight down the middle and gave me good sound information. I'll be going over to them once I hear back from him about when suits to travel over.

I've got the following pencilled in with System-R:

KPro Euro
Full dyno tuning for my car as opposed to just a stock map (this is VERY expensive compared to over here, but i'd imagine it's a neccessity to make sure the car is singing nicely)
AEM Tru Power Pulleys
HONDATA Heatshield Gasket
SAMCO Silicon Hoses
Up-rated Engine Mounts
Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
Spoon Lower Front Arm Bar
Spoon Progressive Spring Set
Spoon Upper Front Strut Brace
Fast road re-alignment of suspension

I've enquired if they do an individual throttle body conversion like CPL appear to do, but am waiting to hear back. If they do, I'll probably get the ITB conversion done too.

That's the plan anyway - I want to keep the car NA as I've no interest in the FI route for it. All my mates have FI cars and whilst they are all very very quick, they're actually a very boring drive (until you start tailing out on a drift course :wink: )

Hopefully the car should be running much better with more power. Then I'll just have to sell some limbs to pay for it all! :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Keith don't bother with the aem pulleys, i have a problem as they don't drive the power steering pump enough and the fluid got really really hot while at the ring.

Throttle bodies are not that good on the road, they will only offer a real benefit at high rpm and after changing cams and internals ,and are a pain to set up. for only a small gain., There is a recent post somewhere which i'll try and find where they did n't make much pwer.
For the cost (expect not to see much change from £3000) cams or a stroker kit would give more bang and be better value.

Evs

Advanced Member
Sounds good mate, agree with your views on NA vs FI.

Not so sure about ITBs myself, they look bling but they're expensive for the power gain you get. There's a 'sensible stage' which is inlet, manifold, exhaust and ECU that seems to give reasonable vfm, after that it's diminishing returns imho.

But I suggest you go for it anyway, cos I'd love to see it done, read your views and then get tempted myself... :wink: :lol:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Thanks for the input Si and Evs. All duly noted and just given me more stuff to think about! :shock: :D