Bikers / Boarders?

Freddie

Advanced Member
A few random questions....

Does anyone know if there are compatible bike racks for the dc5? I've used a adjustible one on the back of a civic coupe before but the hatch is a totally different shape on the Dc5

Also, anyone snowboard?... Does the rear hatch comfotably take a pair of boardbags?

Hoping yes to both or its back to looking at something remotely practical!

Stoo

Whining.....
with the rear seats down, mine used to swallow a couple of snowboard bags. laid diagonally if need be

would relatively comfortably swallow 2 mountain bikes AND wakeboards and associated gear and camping equipment too

K-RON

More than enough room for a few snowbaord in the back. Bikes will go in with wheels off (if you got a big DH bike like mine)

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I managed to fit my board in without having to put the back seats down, just slide it in behind the passenger seat, although putting the seats down is probably the best idea.

Cheers
Wardy

wrightyrs

Advanced Member
Easy get 2 mountain bike in the back with seats down and front wheels out.
Board bags no problem,as said diagonally or with seats down,which is good as i'm taking the the Integra when i go boarding next year.
A good drive down to Val d'isere.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
I've had 3 mountain bikes in the back with front wheels off.

Got a good system wind pedadl back so bottom bike pedal sits on the Acura boot mat I have, (so it doesn't do any damage) and then sling all others on top, job done!!

HTH

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Yup, had snowboard bags, and my MTB in the back of the Teg too - but would far rather a rack to put the bike on. I am uber careful putting the bike in, and its wrapped in a huge curtain, but worried over time about marking the interior.

Is there really no kind of rack system for the roof?

Boab01

Saris bones 3 fitted well on the back of my FD2, no reason why it wont fit a DC5

mikegsi

Staff member
as above, i would put the back seats down and put bike in boot with wheels off

never fancied trying a rack in case it marked anything

Martctr

Advanced Member
After chipping the paint work and then cracking my parcel shelf I found the easiest way to transport mountain bikes is with the rear seats up! Take the front wheel out, put it into the back through the door back resting the wheel on the seat, twist the handlebars round and it should just fit. I found I needed to cover the seat with a blanket and the door card as the handlebar was rubbing on it.

Snowboards - When I go boarding I use the passenger seat as the holder. Bottom of board in the footwell then make the seat go laid back and the passenger has to sit in the back behind the drivers seat, but once again it works and no damage to the car.

morgan

Advanced Member
Remember the boot floor is useless - it wont take heavy weight ! Its not wood like most cars, its flimsy and lightweight...
(e.g. put something over to protect it if loading heavy things in it).