Bilstein Top Mounts

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

As the Bilstein setup's do not have the adjustable camber top mounts I was wondering if anyone knows if it's even possible to have the additional adjustability added to the Bilsteins and if so where you can buy top mounts that would work with them to allow the additional adjustability in camber etc?

By this I mean the top mounts with the dials on them if that makes sense?

Thanks

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Think Chris was looking into this last year. I think Tom at TGM was trying to work with Area Motorsport to come up with a solution. Maybe ask Tom xthumbup .

carl hammond

Advanced Member
This Chris was looking into this last year. I think Tom at TGM was trying to work with Area Motorsport to come up with a solution. Maybe ask Tom xthumbup .
Thanks mate will do, else I will have to sell the B16's and buy something else (which will cost me a lot more) :-(

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks mate will do, else I will have to sell the B16's and buy something else (which will cost me a lot more) :-(
This is the reason why I went for the Area Motorsport track coilovers. Got 3.2 deg camber on the front without adjustable steering arms.

Other option would be go for Meister R and swap the top mounts over.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
This is the reason why I went for the Area Motorsport track coilovers. Got 3.2 deg camber on the front without adjustable steering arms.

Other option would be go for Meister R and swap the top mounts over.
How much were your ones? I always worry about Meister, Yellow Speed etc as the quality isn't that of Bilstein, Nitron, Gaz, Aragusto etc and wonder how good they really are, anything you really like or dislike about them ?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
How much were your ones? I always worry about Meister, Yellow Speed etc as the quality isn't that of Bilstein, Nitron, Gaz, Aragusto etc and wonder how good they really are, anything you really like or dislike about them ?
I've had no issues with them and the spring rates are ideal for the dc5. But then again they don't see much of the road in the winter etc so haven't been exposed to salt etc, which might corrode the dampers. The track versions were c£850. They are good for track application as Area have been using them in their cup Ep3's for a while.

But the likes of Nitron's are very expensive!

There's a guy on instagram - (Robbie?) Who is breaking his DC5 and I believe he has some Area Yellow speeds for sale and they're fairly new.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've had no issues with them and the spring rates are ideal for the dc5. But then again they don't see much of the road in the winter etc so haven't been exposed to salt etc, which might corrode the dampers. The track versions were c£850. They are good to track application as Area have been using them in their cup Ep3's for a while.

But the likes of Nitron's are very expensive!

There's a guy on instagram - (Robbie?) Who is breaking his DC5 and I believe he has some Area Yellow speeds for sale and they're fairly new.

But then again they don't see much of the road in the winter etc so haven't been exposed to salt etc, which might corrode the dampers etc.
Wicked mate thanks, I don't use Instagram, have it but don't use it, if he is and you know him can you get a price or details or him to contact me maybe, mines used all year round (well outside and not used lol) but deff need to get a bit more track focussed in the suspension area with my future plans for if I don't sell up :)

Did you advertise yours in the end mate

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Wicked mate thanks, I don't use Instagram, have it but don't use it, if he is and you know him can you get a price or details or him to contact me maybe, mines used all year round (well outside and not used lol) but deff need to get a bit more track focussed in the suspension area with my future plans for if I don't sell up :)

Did you advertise yours in the end mate
I think he might be on the forum, but doesn't use it much. I'll see if i can find him and i'll DM you his profile.

No. I can't bring myself to do it. Decided to keep it until next year and then break it and sell up I think

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I think he might be on the forum, but doesn't use it much. I'll see if i can find him and i'll DM you his profile.

No. I can't bring myself to do it. Decided to keep it until next year and then break it and sell up I think
Ok mate thanks would appreciate that.

Regarding the car, not a bad decision as you'd always get more for it if you stripped it and went back towards stock mate, still trying to decide whats next? I was going to test an Exige S the gf wants but after months of being for sale it suddenly vanished :-(

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Ok mate thanks would appreciate that.

Regarding the car, not a bad decision as you'd always get more for it if you stripped it and went back towards stock mate, still trying to decide whats next? I was going to test an Exige S the gf wants but after months of being for sale it suddenly vanished :-(
Just realised. I'll have your number so i'll whatsapp it over

Yeah I think so too. Just need to source some of the OEM bits. I will do some more track time and i'm sure that'll reignite the spark with the teg as I've barely driven it this year. Even thought about supercharging it :xhuh: lol

Exige S would be nice! I'm still in two minds about my next car. E46 would be ideal but they're a mine field. Don't want to buy a lemon

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Just realised. I'll have your number so i'll whatsapp it over

Yeah I think so too. Just need to source some of the OEM bits. I will do some more track time and i'm sure that'll reignite the spark with the teg as I've barely driven it this year. Even thought about supercharging it :xhuh: lol

Exige S would be nice! I'm still in two minds about my next car. E46 would be ideal but they're a mine field. Don't want to buy a lemon
Ok cool mate thanks and yeah whatsapp works lol, have to admit I have been close to selling a number of times, then I get on track and everything changes, they are just so fun and capable, I don't know how anyone owns them as solely road cars though as I hate using mine on the road. Roads are full of incompetent drivers, pot holes and new dangers literally around every corner and loads get written off due to this, on track however it's a whole different game, you can play with much bigger more expensive cars and have fun doing so in a safe controlled environment without any issues and push as hard as you like.

Yeah I love the E46 but have steered away from them for the same reasons as you mention, hard to get a good one. Exige S is a great car but I just don't think it will suite my driving style or needs, but a test drive will hope to show me if I want one or not else the Teg may go on a diet :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Ok cool mate thanks and yeah whatsapp works lol, have to admit I have been close to selling a number of times, then I get on track and everything changes, they are just so fun and capable, I don't know how anyone owns them as solely road cars though as I hate using mine on the road. Roads are full of incompetent drivers, pot holes and new dangers literally around every corner and loads get written off due to this, on track however it's a whole different game, you can play with much bigger more expensive cars and have fun doing so in a safe controlled environment without any issues and push as hard as you like.

Yeah I love the E46 but have steered away from them for the same reasons as you mention, hard to get a good one. Exige S is a great car but I just don't think it will suite my driving style or needs, but a test drive will hope to show me if I want one or not else the Teg may go on a diet :)
Had a lookout for those coilovers. I don't think they're the track version :/.
Completely agree with you. Don't think there is a lot out there that will tick the same number of boxes.

Exige S will be really nice and so capable on track, but not the most piratical if you needed it to be haha

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Had a lookout for those coilovers. I don't think they're the track version :/.
Completely agree with you. Don't think there is a lot out there that will tick the same number of boxes.

Exige S will be really nice and so capable on track, but not the most piratical if you needed it to be haha
Ok mate no problem on them, thanks anyway, looking at poss a brand new set of Ohlins or Aragosta's direct from Japan at the moment, will need to sell the B16's and then the mugen/spoon setup one the new ones arrive (which ever I go for), just need to weigh up the odd's and see what Tom says regarding the top mounts.

Exige wise, yeah 100% fun on track but also 100% pants for pretty much any other use lol.

Mate with an M4 was asking my views on an E46 for a track car lastnight as I think he may get one

Cam

Advanced Member
Did you manage to source adjustable top mounts? Looking at getting a set of Bilstein's myself and was wondering the same.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cam said:
Did you manage to source adjustable top mounts? Looking at getting a set of Bilstein's myself and was wondering the same.
Hi sorry for slow reply mate I‘ve not been on here. I have but not easily, off of a mate but I may not bother with them. Hey are custom made Nitron ones for them for his race car but I‘m more than likely running the b16‘s temporarily whilst I wait for my aragostas to be made available.

He said I‘m more than welcome to them but he honestly didn‘t think they were worth adding mate