Bilstien Coilovers

rexs

Can anyone show me some pic,s of their teg fitted with B14/B16 so I can see how low you can go?

Running on spoons at the mo need to know if the coilovers can take me lower?

Thanks rexs

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
B16. Not as low as they go, this is out of the box ride height. Not sure how much lower they go but I'd say mine is on the limit in terms of potential rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexs

Thanks for the pic,s if rubbing was not a problem how much lower could you go?
What tyre and wheel size are you running?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
rexs said:
Thanks for the pic,s if rubbing was not a problem how much lower could you go?
What tyre and wheel size are you running?
Honestly don't know how much lower.

I have to go over speed bumps with passenger wheels on the bump, drivers off, otherwise the B-Pipe (J's 60RS) will scrape slightly. So whatever height this is, unless you never come across speed bumps or ramps, you don't want to go any lower. Will be unusable.

OEM wheels and tyres, so 215 45 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Not sure how low they are set. No scraping with uprated engine mounts, DC header and RM01A.

Tow hook has been removed since!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Bilsteins were never really intended to go slammed. They have a 15-20mm adjustment range on top of the initial lowering amount according to the manual.
Mine is set to the lowest recommended setting.

They are 215/45 tyres so might look like it is higher than the above posted car.

rexs

Hi all. Fitted some B14 coilovers today is it normal for the fronts to come with helper springs fitted?
To achieve the ride height I require ( fronts ) which is not stupidly low I have had to wind the spring platforms down to their lowest point is this ideal?
Is there any adjustment in the body of the damper to get me down a little more or could I remove the helpers then wind the platforms back up
to keep my preload?
To the arch from ground through the middle of the wheel measures 25" on 215/45 tyres
Many thanks
rexs

Fvil

Front springs are rated 7kg (main) 4.5kg (helper)

They do this to make it progressive.

If you want to get lower, you ll need custom shorter springs with the same rates, to be close to what bilstein designed the shocks to perform.

Frank

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
If you read the manual there is actually only a 15mm or so recommended adjustment range, and they show you where to measure. I assume this is to maintain the best life and performance from the damper.

Liam

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
If you read the manual there is actually only a 15mm or so recommended adjustment range, and they show you where to measure. I assume this is to maintain the best life and performance from the damper.
As above, I'm assuming the 15mm window is keep the dampers working within spec. Any lower and you could be hitting the bump stops in the shock and reducing the lifespan of them.

Probably not the best choice of coilovers if lows is important to you.